On Thursday, Mar. 7, South Carolina State took on Delaware State and just barely got by the Hornets 62-60 in conference action. Khalif Toombs played brilliantly for the Bulldogs and put up 19 points and six assists (4 Stl 3 Reb). Darryl Palmer had a game-high 21 points and added six rebounds. Marques Oliver got 13 points and seven rebounds for the Hornets.
South Carolina State Game Notes
- The Bulldogs have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, South Carolina State is 26-26 in close games.
- This season South Carolina State has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Adama "Louie" Adams has five assists or more.
- SCSU set a season low for turnovers (nine).
- The Bulldogs have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- South Carolina State has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the second win of the season where the Bulldogs came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--SCSU has a -5.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Khalif Toombs recorded a team season high in steals with four.
- Darryl Palmer accounted for 33.8 percent of the team's points.
- Darryl Palmer has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding 8 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Darryl Palmer's career.
- Khalif Toombs had career highs with eight field goals made and four steals.
Delaware State Game Notes
- The Hornets have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Delaware State is 23-39 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Casey Walker and Tahj Tate) accounted for 58.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kendall Gray and Marques Oliver) accounted for 51.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Casey Walker has led the team in scoring five times in 30 games this season.
- Kendall Gray has led the team in rebounding six times in 30 games this season.