Delaware State lost a nail-biter to South Carolina State 62-60 in conference play on Thursday, Mar. 7. Marques Oliver put up 13 points and seven rebounds for the Hornets. Casey Walker had a team-high 18 points and added six rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Khalif Toombs finished with 19 points and six assists (4 Stl 3 Reb).
Delaware State Game Notes
- The Hornets have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Delaware State is 23-39 in close games.
- Delaware State has lost 82 percent of the time this season (3-14) after recording 31 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Delaware State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-9).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.8 percent or better this season, Delaware State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-13).
- When the opposition records 18 or more assists this season, Delaware State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- Delaware State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the second loss of the season where the Hornets opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Casey Walker and Tahj Tate) accounted for 58.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Kendall Gray and Marques Oliver) accounted for 51.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Casey Walker has led the team in scoring in five out of 30 games this season.
- Kendall Gray has led the team in rebounding in six out of 30 games this season.
South Carolina State Game Notes
- The Bulldogs won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, South Carolina State is 26-26 in close games.
- Khalif Toombs recorded a team season high in steals with four.
- Darryl Palmer accounted for 33.8 percent of the team's points.
- Darryl Palmer has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding eight times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Darryl Palmer's career.
- Khalif Toombs set career highs with eight field goals made and four steals.