Penn State 66
(10-19, 2-9 away)
(13-17, 8-11 home)
Venue: Welsh-Ryan Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 07, 2013
||J Marshall 18
||S Borovnjak 10
||N Colella 4
||A Marcotullio 22
||A Olah 5
||R Hearn 4
On Thursday, Mar. 7, Northwestern lost at home against Penn State 66-59 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. The Wildcats got a career-high 22 points from Alex Marcotullio, with 18 points coming from three-point range. Reggie Hearn scored 11 points and added five rebounds. For the Nittany Lions, Jermaine Marshall got a team-high 18 points and five rebounds. Northwestern (13-17, 4-13 Big Ten) goes to 10th-ranked Michigan State (22-7, 11-5 Big Ten) on Sunday, Mar. 10.
Northwestern Game Notes
- The last time NU started the season 13-17 was 2006.
- Northwestern has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after recording 23 or fewer rebounds.
- The Wildcats have lost 89 percent of the time this season (1-8) after having a field goal percentage of 34.7 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.9 percent or better this season, Northwestern has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- Northwestern has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past five games.
- This is the 19th game at home this season--NU has a -1.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Alex Marcotullio recorded a team season high in three-pointers with six and three pointers attempted with nine.
- Alex Marcotullio accounted for 37.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Reggie Hearn and Alex Olah) accounted for 43.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Reggie Hearn has led the team in rebounding in six out of 30 games this season.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Dave Sobolewski.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Reggie Hearn.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Alex Marcotullio's career.
- Alex Marcotullio had career highs with 22 points, six field goals made, and six three-pointers.
Penn State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Devonte (DJ) Newbill and Jermaine Marshall) accounted for 54.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Sasa Borovnjak and Ross Travis) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Devonte (DJ) Newbill has led the team in scoring 12 times in 29 games this season.
- Sasa Borovnjak has led the team in rebounding three times in 29 games this season.
- Nick Colella set a career high with four steals.
- Jermaine Marshall has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Devonte (DJ) Newbill has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Sasa Borovnjak recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Sasa Borovnjak recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Sasa Borovnjak set career highs with 10 rebounds and seven defensive rebounds.
|-||J. Montgomery III||3||0||2||0||0||1||1|