(20-10, 4-8 away)
(15-15, 12-8 home)
Venue: Stegeman Coliseum
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 07, 2013
||A Goodwin 20
||W Cauley-Stein 11
||A Poythress 3
||K Caldwell-Pope 24
||K Caldwell-Pope 10
||C Mann 4
Georgia squared off with Kentucky on Thursday, Mar. 7 and knocked off the Wildcats 72-62 in SEC play. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope got a game-high 24 points and 10 rebounds for the Bulldogs, earning a double-double. Donte` Williams also had a solid outing, scoring 10 points and adding eight rebounds. For the Wildcats, Archie Goodwin got a team-high 20 points and six rebounds. Georgia (14-15, 8-8 SEC) goes to Alabama (19-11, 11-6 SEC) on Saturday, Mar. 9.
Georgia Game Notes
- The last time UGA started the season 15-15 was 2005.
- UGA beat the spread by 13 points. That makes the 16th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- UGA has won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) after holding an opponent to under 37.1 percent field goal percentage.
- UGA has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) when opponents record eight or fewer assists.
- This season Georgia has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Nemanja Djurisic has 12 points or more, 73 percent of the time (8-3) when Charles Mann has four assists or more, and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Donte` Williams has three blocks or more.
- This is the 18th game at home this season--UGA has a 3.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Donte` Williams) accounted for 45.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has led the team in scoring 27 times and in rebounding 15 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Kentavious Caldwell-Pope's career.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has three straight 20+ point games.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope recorded a double-double. It was the sixth of his career.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope had a career high with 10 free throws made.
Kentucky Game Notes
- Archie Goodwin accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Willie Cauley-Stein and Archie Goodwin) accounted for 40.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Archie Goodwin has led the team in scoring nine times in 30 games this season.
- Willie Cauley-Stein has led the team in rebounding eight times in 30 games this season.
- Willie Cauley-Stein recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Willie Cauley-Stein has three straight double-digit point games.
- Willie Cauley-Stein recorded a double-double. It was the fourth of his career.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Archie Goodwin's career.
- Archie Goodwin has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Archie Goodwin.
- Ryan Harrow has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Ryan Harrow.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Alex Poythress.