San Diego State vs. Boise State: Full Game Preview
|San Diego State||J Franklin 17.1||J Franklin 9.2||J Franklin 3.3|
|Boise State||A Drmic 17.0||R Watkins 7.0||D Marks 3.9|
San Diego State heads to Taco Bell Arena on Saturday to take on Boise State. Tipoff is at 3:30 p.m. EST and you can see it on NBCSN. The Aztecs beat the Broncos 63-62 on Feb. 6 and are 4-0 against them over the last four years.
Boise State is in fifth place in the Mountain West and nipping at the heels of San Diego State in fourth place.
The 12 points and 14 rebounds by Jamaal Franklin helped the Aztecs to a 58-51 victory over Air Force on Mar. 6. The do-it-all performer chips in a team-leading 17.1 points per game, 9.2 rebounds per game, and 3.3 assists per game. For the Broncos, Anthony Drmic put up 22 points and eight rebounds in the 68-64 loss to UNLV on Mar. 5. His 17.0 points per game is the highest mark on the team. Boise State can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: defensive rebounding percentage at 75.4 and effective field goal percentage at 53.7.
Boise State StatSmack
- The San Diego State blocks leader (Skylar Spencer, 47 blocks) has more blocks than the Boise State blocks leader (Ryan Watkins, 12 blocks).
- Jamaal Franklin is ranked 5th in the Mountain West in points, 3rd in the Mountain West in rebounds, 7th in the Mountain West in assists, 3rd in the Mountain West in steals, and 6th in the Mountain West in blocks.
- Diaper Dandies love San Diego State. San Diego State has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Boise State (1 vs. 0).
- San Diego State does a better job contesting shots (38.8 percent allowed vs. 43.1 percent allowed) than Boise State this season.
- San Diego State has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Boise State (four vs. one).
- San Diego State has been the favorite four out of the last four times.
- Over the past 10 years, San Diego State has had more players drafted by the NBA than Boise State (one vs. zero).
- The San Diego State rebounding leader (Jamaal Franklin, 249 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Boise State rebounding leader (Ryan Watkins, 203 rebounds).
- Even computers respect San Diego State more. San Diego State has a better RPI this season than Boise State (RPI: No. 31 vs. No. 37).
- San Diego State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (77.6 percent to 56.3 percent).
|D+||Dwayne Polee II||10||3||2||0||0||0||1|