|New Mexico||K Williams 13.8||A Kirk 8.1||K Williams 4.8|
|Air Force||M Lyons 17.9||M Lyons 4.0||T Fletcher 3.8|
No. 12 New Mexico heads to Clune Arena on Saturday to take on Air Force. Tipoff is at 6 p.m. EST and it can be seen on Altitude. The Lobos defeated the Falcons 81-58 on Feb. 6 and are 11-0 against them over the past four years.
New Mexico is currently in first place in the Mountain West and Air Force is in sixth. New Mexico has won six games straight.
In their last outing, behind 25 points from Tony Snell, the Lobos defeated Nevada 75-62 on Mar. 6. In addition to his 11.8 points per game, he is also chipping in 2.8 assists per game. For the Falcons, Michael Lyons put up 10 points in the 58-51 loss to San Diego State on Mar. 6. With 17.9 points per game and 4.0 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Air Force ranks first in their conference in effective field goal percentage at 55.1, which also places them 12th in the country.
Air Force StatSmack
- New Mexico has come back to win after being down at half against Air Force four times since 2001.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? New Mexico currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (964 to 947) than Air Force, per the NCAA.
- A for effort, but New Mexico has emerged victorious against Air Force the last 13 times they've played.
- New Mexico has a better scoring defense (60.4 allowed per game vs. 67.0 allowed per game) than Air Force this season.
- New Mexico attacks the glass, with more rebounds (35.6 per game vs. 30.2 per game) than Air Force this season.
- Tony Snell is ranked 8th in the Mountain West in assists.
- New Mexico does a better job contesting shots (38.8 percent allowed vs. 44.3 percent allowed) than Air Force this season.
- The New Mexico assist leader (Kendall Williams, 134 assists) has more assists than the Air Force assist leader (Todd Fletcher, 104 assists).
- Boom! New Mexico humiliated Air Force by 23 points the last time they played (Feb 06, 2013).
- New Mexico has an average margin of victory of 14 over Air Force in 49 wins since 1980.
- New Mexico has been the favorite 25 out of the last 32 times.