Lehigh vs. Lafayette: Full Game Preview
|Lehigh||C McCollum 23.9||H Greiner 6.8||M McKnight 5.1|
|Lafayette||S Hinrichs 14.6||S Hinrichs 4.9||T Johnson 4.8|
Lehigh squares off against Lafayette in the semifinals of the Patriot Tournament at Kirby Sports Center on Saturday. Tipoff is at 2 p.m. EST and you can catch it on CBSSN. The Mountain Hawks fell to the Leopards 79-71 on Feb. 24 and are 7-4 against them over the last four years.
In a 71-64 triumph over Colgate on Mar. 6, Gabe Knutson put up 21 points and seven rebounds for the Mountain Hawks. He is averaging 13.7 points and 4.4 rebounds per game. In a 77-54 blowout of Holy Cross on Mar. 6, Tony Johnson put up 19 points and seven rebounds for the Leopards. He leads the team in assists with 4.8 per game and steals with 2.0 per game. A key area of strength for Lafayette is effective field goal percentage at 53.6, which ranks first in their conference (and 28th nationally).
- Even computers respect Lehigh more. Lehigh has a better RPI this season than Lafayette (RPI: No. 108 vs. No. 167).
- Lehigh has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Lafayette ($31,123 vs. $52,174).
- Lehigh is better at defending the three (28.9 percent allowed vs. 36.5 percent allowed) than Lafayette this season.
- Anthony D`Orazio is ranked 3rd in the Patriot in steals.
- Lehigh has a better record on the road than Lafayette this season (9-5 vs. 5-11).
- Lehigh has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (64.3 percent to 45.2 percent).
- It's only wins and losses, but Lehigh has a better overall record than Lafayette this season (21-8 vs. 18-14).
- The Lehigh rebounding leader (Holden Greiner, 196 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Lafayette rebounding leader (Seth Hinrichs, 158 rebounds).
- Mackey McKnight is ranked 3rd in the Patriot in assists and 3rd in the Patriot in steals.
- Lehigh has more wins over the last 5 years than Lafayette (115 vs. 86).