|Lehigh||C McCollum 23.9||H Greiner 6.8||M McKnight 5.1|
|Lafayette||S Hinrichs 14.6||S Hinrichs 4.9||T Johnson 4.8|
Lafayette takes on Lehigh in the semifinals of the Patriot Tournament at Kirby Sports Center on Saturday. It takes place at 2 p.m. EST and you can catch it on CBSSN. The Leopards beat the Mountain Hawks 79-71 on Feb. 24 and are 4-7 against them over the last four years. Lafayette is rolling, currently on a six-game winning streak.
The 20 points by Seth Hinrichs helped the Leopards to a 77-54 cakewalk over Holy Cross on Mar. 6. He contributes a team-high 14.6 points per game and 4.9 rebounds per game. For the Mountain Hawks, Gabe Knutson finished with 21 points and seven rebounds in the 71-64 win over Colgate on Mar. 6. He contributes 4.4 rebounds per game in addition to his 13.7 points per game. The Four Factors in which Lehigh stands out are turnover percentage at 16.3 and effective field goal percentage at 53.2.
- Seth Hinrichs is ranked 4th in the Patriot in points, 10th in the Patriot in rebounds, and 1st in the Patriot in three-pointers.
- Tony Johnson is ranked 7th in the Patriot in points, 50th nationally in assists, and 29th nationally in steals.
- Lafayette has come back to win after being down at half against Lehigh seven times since 1997.
- Lafayette is better under pressure, and has defeated Lehigh in eight out of the last 12 games decided by five points or fewer.
- That must sting. Lafayette has blown out Lehigh by 20 points or more on three occasions since 1998.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Lafayette currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (994 to 1000) than Lehigh, per the NCAA.
- A for effort, but Lafayette has emerged victorious against Lehigh the last two times they've played.
- Lafayette is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Lafayette is 196 lbs compared to 185 lbs for Lehigh.
- The Lafayette scoring leader (Seth Hinrichs, 468 points) has more points than the Lehigh scoring leader (Holden Greiner, 385 points).
- Lafayette has an average margin of victory of 10 over Lehigh in 38 wins since 1980.