Kansas State vs. Oklahoma State: Full Game Preview
|Kansas State||R McGruder 14.8||R McGruder 5.2||A Rodriguez 5.5|
|Oklahoma State||M Brown 15.6||M Cobbins 6.3||M Smart 4.3|
On Saturday, No. 9 Kansas State heads to Gallagher-Iba Arena to take on No. 13 Oklahoma State. It gets started at 1:30 p.m. EST and you can see it on Big 12 Network. The Wildcats beat the Cowboys 73-67 on Jan. 5 and are 4-3 against them over the last four years.
Oklahoma State is in third place in the Big 12 and nipping at the heels of Kansas State in first place. Kansas State has won six games straight.
In their last outing, behind 21 points and 10 assists from Angel Rodriguez, the Wildcats defeated TCU 79-68 on Mar. 5. He contributes a team-high 5.5 assists per game and 1.5 steals per game. For the Cowboys, Marcus Smart finished with 24 points and eight rebounds in the 87-76 loss to Iowa State on Mar. 6. With 4.3 assists per game and 3.0 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Oklahoma State StatSmack
- Boom! Kansas State defeated Oklahoma State by 6 points the last time they played (Jan 05, 2013).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Kansas State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (960 to 928) than Oklahoma State, per the NCAA.
- Kansas State is ranked higher than Oklahoma State in the Big 12 (No. 1 vs. No. 3).
- Even computers respect Kansas State more. Kansas State has a better RPI this season than Oklahoma State (RPI: No. 21 vs. No. 28).
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Kansas State is superior to Oklahoma State (Latest AP Poll: No. 9 vs. No. 13).
- Kansas State has a better record in close games than Oklahoma State this season (5-1 vs. 5-2).
- Kansas State is a better three-point shooting team (36.6 percent vs. 31.7 percent) than Oklahoma State this season.
- Over the past 5 years, Kansas State has had more players drafted by the NBA than Oklahoma State (two vs. one).
- Kansas State has a better conference record than Oklahoma State this season (14-3 vs. 12-5).
- Kansas State players are more experienced than Oklahoma State players (15,888 minutes played vs. 12,062 minutes played).