(13-20, 4-11 away)
(21-11, 13-2 home)
Venue: HTC Center
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, March 07, 2013
||A Ryan 17
||M Harris 8
||T Freeman 5
||T Newsome 15
||D Harper 8
||T Newsome 3
Gardner-Webb got a win over Campbell 71-57 in the quarterfinals of the Big South Tournament on Thursday, Mar. 7. The Bulldogs tie the season series against Campbell at 1-1 with the win. Tashan Newsome paced the Bulldogs and put up a team-high 15 points and five rebounds. Kevin Hartley had 12 points and added seven rebounds. For the Fighting Camels, Marvelle Harris finished with 13 points and eight rebounds. The Bulldogs are on an eight-game win streak. Campbell (13-20) finished the regular season seventh in the Big South with a 7-9 conference record. To get to the quarterfinals, Campbell outplayed Presbyterian (81-73).
Gardner-Webb Game Notes
- The win over Campbell extended the Gardner-Webb winning streak to eight games.
- GWU beat the spread by 6.5 points. That makes the 4th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- Gardner-Webb has won every game this season (9-0) when its field goal percentage has been 47.8 percent or better.
- The Bulldogs have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 22 or more free throws made.
- Gardner-Webb has won 80 percent of the time this season (12-3) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- GWU has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record six or fewer free throws made.
- GWU has won 85 percent of the time this season (11-2) after holding an opponent to under 40.4 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Gardner-Webb has won 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Tashan Newsome has 15 points or more, 77 percent of the time (10-3) when Kevin Hartley plays 31 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (8-0) when Jerome Hill has four field goals made or more.
- The Bulldogs have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past seven games.
- The top two scorers (Tashan Newsome and Tyler Strange) accounted for 40.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Donta Harper and Kevin Hartley) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Tashan Newsome has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 32 games this season.
- Donta Harper has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 32 games this season.
- Tyler Strange has three straight double-digit point games.
- Tyler Strange had career highs with 14 points and six field goals made.
- Kevin Hartley has four straight double-digit point games.
- Tashan Newsome has four straight double-digit point games.
Campbell Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Andrew Ryan and Marvelle Harris) accounted for 52.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Marvelle Harris and Andrew Ryan) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Andrew Ryan has led the team in scoring three times in 33 games this season.
- Marvelle Harris has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 33 games this season.
- Trey Freeman has three straight double-digit point games.
- Marvelle Harris has four straight double-digit point games.