(13-20, 4-11 away)
(21-11, 13-2 home)
Venue: HTC Center
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, March 07, 2013
||A Ryan 17
||M Harris 8
||T Freeman 5
||T Newsome 15
||D Harper 8
||T Newsome 3
Campbell lost to Gardner-Webb 71-57 in the quarterfinals of the Big South Tournament on Thursday, Mar. 7. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Marvelle Harris put up 13 points and eight rebounds in a losing effort. Andrew Ryan also contributed, scoring a game-high 17 points and adding four rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Tashan Newsome finished with a team-high 15 points and five rebounds. Campbell (13-20) finished the regular season seventh in the Big South with a 7-9 record in conference play. To get to the quarterfinals, Campbell overcame Presbyterian (81-73).
Campbell Game Notes
- Campbell has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- The Fighting Camels have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-11) after having a field goal percentage of 40.4 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.8 percent or better this season, Campbell has lost 93 percent of the time (1-14).
- When the opposition records four or more blocks this season, Campbell has lost 93 percent of the time (1-13).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 38.5 percent or better this season, Campbell has lost 82 percent of the time (2-9).
- Campbell has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past six games.
- The top two scorers (Andrew Ryan and Marvelle Harris) accounted for 52.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Marvelle Harris and Andrew Ryan) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Andrew Ryan has led the team in scoring in three out of 33 games this season.
- Marvelle Harris has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 33 games this season.
- Trey Freeman has three straight double-digit point games.
- Marvelle Harris has four straight double-digit point games.
Gardner-Webb Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Tashan Newsome and Tyler Strange) accounted for 40.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Donta Harper and Kevin Hartley) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Tashan Newsome has led the team in scoring 11 times in 32 games this season.
- Donta Harper has led the team in rebounding eight times in 32 games this season.
- Tyler Strange has three straight double-digit point games.
- Tyler Strange set career highs with 14 points and six field goals made.
- Kevin Hartley has four straight double-digit point games.
- Tashan Newsome has four straight double-digit point games.