|Providence||B Cotton 20.0||L Henton 8.3||V Council 7.1|
|Connecticut||S Napier 17.1||D Daniels 5.4||S Napier 4.6|
On Saturday, Connecticut plays host to Providence at Harry A. Gampel Pavilion. Tipoff is at 12 p.m. EST and it can be seen on ESPN U. The Huskies defeated the Friars 82-79 on Jan. 31 and are 3-2 against them over the past four years.
Providence and Connecticut are tied for eigth in the conference.
The Huskies were defeated by South Florida 65-51 on Mar. 6 despite 23 points and 10 rebounds from DeAndre Daniels. He paces the team in rebounds per game with 5.4, and blocks per game with 1.4. For the Friars, Kadeem Batts put up 27 points and 12 rebounds in the 76-66 win over Seton Hall on Mar. 5. He contributes 7.2 rebounds per game in addition to his 15.2 points per game.
- The Connecticut steals leader (Shabazz Napier, 52 steals) has more steals than the Providence steals leader (LaDontae Henton, 32 steals).
- AP voters think more highly of Connecticut and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Providence (156 vs. 14).
- Connecticut has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than Providence this season (four vs. two).
- Connecticut has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Providence (No. 66 vs. No. 102).
- Shabazz Napier is ranked 8th in the Big East in points, 3rd in the Big East in three-pointers, 9th in the Big East in assists, and 5th in the Big East in steals.
- Connecticut has a stronger schedule than Providence this season (SOS Rank: No. 23 vs. No. 50).
- Diaper Dandies love Connecticut. Connecticut has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Providence (10 vs. 4).
- Connecticut has more NCAA Championships over the last 10 years than Providence (two vs. zero).
- Since 1998, Connecticut has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Providence (21 vs. two).