Dayton vs. George Washington: Full Game Preview
|Dayton||K Dillard 15.1||D Oliver 8.0||K Dillard 4.7|
|George Washington||I Armwood 11.8||I Armwood 8.6||J McDonald 3.3|
On Saturday, Dayton travels to Charles E. Smith Center to take on George Washington. The game gets underway at 2 p.m. EST and you can see it on CBSSN Regional. The Flyers are 5-1 against the Colonials over the last four years. The last time they played they won 67-50 on Mar. 6, 2012.
Dayton is in ninth place in the conference, George Washington is in 13th place.
In a 75-63 win over St. Bonaventure on Mar. 6, Kevin Dillard put up 18 points and five rebounds for the Flyers. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 15.1 points per game and 4.7 assists per game. The Colonials were defeated by La Salle 84-70 on Mar. 6 despite 18 points and 10 rebounds from Isaiah Armwood. He leads the team in points with 11.8 per game, rebounds with 8.6 per game, and blocks with 2.4 per game.
George Washington StatSmack
- The Dayton basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than George Washington (90 percent vs. 60 percent).
- The Dayton scoring leader (Kevin Dillard, 438 points) has more points than the George Washington scoring leader (Isaiah Armwood, 330 points).
- The Dayton three-point leader (Kevin Dillard, 51 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the George Washington three-point leader (Nemanja Mikic, 23 three-pointers).
- The Dayton assist leader (Kevin Dillard, 135 assists) has more assists than the George Washington assist leader (Joe McDonald, 93 assists).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Dayton currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (990 to 966) than George Washington, per the NCAA.
- Dayton has more wins over the last 5 years than George Washington (134 vs. 74).
- AP voters think more highly of Dayton and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than George Washington (32 vs. 26).
- Dayton has a better record at home than George Washington this season (13-4 vs. 6-7).
- It's only wins and losses, but Dayton has a better overall record than George Washington this season (17-12 vs. 12-16).