UAB vs. Memphis: Full Game Preview
|UAB||R Rucker 14.7||R Rucker 8.3||T Jones 3.8|
|Memphis||J Jackson 13.7||D Stephens 6.6||J Jackson 4.8|
On Saturday, No. 25 Memphis welcomes UAB at FedEx Forum. It gets started at 12 a.m. EST and you can catch it on CBSSN. The Tigers defeated the Blazers 69-53 on Jan. 12 and are 9-0 against them over the past four years.
UAB is in sixth place in the conference and Memphis is in first place.
In a 56-54 triumph over Texas-El Paso on Mar. 5, Chris Crawford put up 15 points for the Tigers. He is averaging 8.9 points and 3.8 rebounds per game. For the Blazers, Rod Rucker finished with 16 points and 13 rebounds in the 74-70 loss to UCF on Mar. 6. He puts up a team-leading 14.7 points per game, 8.3 rebounds per game, and 1.2 steals per game.
- Shaq Goodwin is ranked 8th in Conference USA in blocks.
- Memphis has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than UAB this season (two vs. zero).
- Joe Jackson is ranked 4th in Conference USA in assists and 4th in Conference USA in steals.
- Memphis has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than UAB (one vs. zero).
- Memphis has a better scoring defense (64.1 allowed per game vs. 71.1 allowed per game) than UAB this season.
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Memphis is superior to UAB (Latest AP Poll: No. 25 vs. Not Ranked).
- D.J. Stephens is ranked 26th nationally in blocks.
- Even computers respect Memphis more. Memphis has a better RPI this season than UAB (RPI: No. 19 vs. No. 154).
- Memphis has been the favorite 24 out of the last 31 times.
- Since 1998, Memphis has recruited more Top 50 high school players than UAB (15 vs. zero).
- Memphis has a better conference record than UAB this season (15-0 vs. 7-8).