Georgia Tech vs. Boston College: Full Game Preview
|Georgia Tech||M Georges-Hunt 10.2||D Miller 6.8||M Udofia 3.0|
|Boston College||R Anderson 15.1||R Anderson 8.2||J Rahon 3.5|
On Saturday, Boston College plays host to Georgia Tech at Silvio O. Conte Forum. It takes place at 12 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ACC Network or ESPN3.com. The Eagles are 4-2 against the Yellow Jackets over the last four years. The last time they played they won 56-52 on Feb. 29, 2012.
Georgia Tech and Boston College are tied for eigth in the conference.
In their last outing, behind 24 points and five rebounds from Olivier Hanlan, the Eagles defeated Clemson 68-61 on Mar. 5. He leads the team in steals per game with 1.1 while also putting up 14.7 points per game. For the Yellow Jackets, Chris Bolden finished with 21 points in the 71-69 win over Miami (FL) on Mar. 6. He contributes 2.2 rebounds per game in addition to his 7.3 points per game. When considering the Four Factors, Georgia Tech performs well in defensive rebounding percentage at 72.0. This ranks second in the conference and 46th in the country.
Georgia Tech StatSmack
- Boston College beat Georgia Tech by 4 points the last time they played (Feb 29, 2012).
- Joe Rahon is ranked 8th in the ACC in assists.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Boston College currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (958 to 935) than Georgia Tech, per the NCAA.
- Ryan Anderson is ranked 7th in the ACC in points and 5th in the ACC in rebounds.
- The Boston College assist leader (Joe Rahon, 106 assists) has more assists than the Georgia Tech assist leader (Mfon Udofia, 88 assists).
- The Boston College scoring leader (Olivier Hanlan, 441 points) has more points than the Georgia Tech scoring leader (Marcus Georges-Hunt, 297 points).
- Lonnie Jackson is ranked 6th in the ACC in three-pointers.
- The Boston College basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Georgia Tech (88 percent vs. 36 percent).
- Boston College has a stronger schedule than Georgia Tech this season (SOS Rank: No. 38 vs. No. 90).
- Boston College has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Georgia Tech according to Kiplinger (87.6 percent vs. 31 percent).
|D||S. Poole, Jr.||7||2||2||0||0||0||0|
|D||Andrew Van Nest||11||3||2||0||0||0||1|