|UCF||I Sykes 15.8||K Clanton 8.5||I Sykes 4.6|
|Southern Miss||D Davis 15.3||J Mills 7.4||N Watson 4.9|
On Saturday, Southern Miss hosts UCF at Reed Green Coliseum. Tipoff is at 8 p.m. EST. The Golden Eagles lost to the Knights 60-58 on Feb. 6 and are 5-3 against them over the last four years.
Southern Miss is in second place in the Conference USA and needs to hold off UCF who sit just south in third place.
The Golden Eagles fell 88-84 to Marshall on Mar. 5. Dwayne Davis finished with 35 points and five rebounds in the loss. He leads the team in scoring average, scoring 15.3 points per contest. For the Knights, Isaiah Sykes finished with 21 points and 11 rebounds in the 74-70 win over UAB on Mar. 6. He contributes a team-leading 15.8 points per game, 4.6 assists per game, and 2.3 steals per game.
- Jerrold Brooks is ranked 6th in Conference USA in three-pointers.
- Southern Miss allows fewer rebounds (28.9 allowed per game vs. 34.3 allowed per game) than UCF this season.
- The Southern Miss three-point leader (Jerrold Brooks, 61 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the UCF three-point leader (Kasey Wilson, 40 three-pointers).
- Southern Miss has come back to win after being down at half against UCF three times since 2005.
- Even computers respect Southern Miss more. Southern Miss has a better RPI this season than UCF (RPI: No. 44 vs. No. 103).
- Diaper Dandies love Southern Miss. Southern Miss has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than UCF (1 vs. 0).
- Southern Miss is ranked higher than UCF in Conference USA (No. 2 vs. No. 3).
- Southern Miss has a better conference record than UCF this season (11-4 vs. 9-6).
- Southern Miss has a better record at home than UCF this season (11-1 vs. 14-5).
|C+||C. Newell Jr.||32||12||2||3||2||0||2|
|D||Robert King III||3||1||1||0||0||0||0|