Auburn vs. Mississippi State: Full Game Preview
|Auburn||F Sullivan 14.5||R Chubb 6.7||J Wallace 2.8|
|Mississippi State||J Steele 10.1||G Ware 6.4||T Bloodman 2.4|
On Saturday, Mississippi State plays host to Auburn at Humphrey Coliseum. It gets started at 5:30 p.m. EST and you can catch it on FSN. The Bulldogs are 3-5 against the Tigers over the last four years. They fell 65-55 on Feb. 18, 2012, the last time they met.
Both teams share 13th place in the conference.
In spite of 20 points from Craig Sword, the Bulldogs came up short 79-72 against South Carolina on Mar. 6. He is putting up 10.0 points per game while also averaging 2.8 rebounds per game. For the Tigers, Frankie Sullivan put up 24 points in the 82-75 loss to Tennessee on Mar. 6. He leads the team with 14.5 points per game.
- Mississippi State has come back to win after being down at half against Auburn four times since 2006.
- The Mississippi State steals leader (Fred Thomas, 49 steals) has more steals than the Auburn steals leader (Allen Payne, 36 steals).
- The Mississippi State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Auburn (43 percent vs. 27 percent).
- Mississippi State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (61.3 percent to 46.9 percent).
- Since 1998, Mississippi State has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Auburn (eight vs. two).
- Craig Sword is ranked 10th in the SEC in steals.
- That must sting. Mississippi State has blown out Auburn by 20 points or more on three occasions since 2001.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Mississippi State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (965 to 925) than Auburn, per the NCAA.
- Fred Thomas is ranked 9th in the SEC in steals.
- Mississippi State has a stronger schedule than Auburn this season (SOS Rank: No. 93 vs. No. 101).
- Mississippi State has more wins over the last 5 years than Auburn (116 vs. 88).
|D||Brian Greene Jr||12||3||1||1||1||0||1|