|Virginia Tech||E Green 25.0||C Raines 6.3||E Green 3.9|
|Wake Forest||C Harris 14.8||D Thomas 7.7||C Miller-McIntyre 2.5|
Wake Forest plays host to Virginia Tech at Lawrence Joel Veterans Memorial Coliseum on Sunday. It gets started at 2 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ACC Network or ESPN3.com. The Demon Deacons fell to the Hokies 66-65 on Jan. 19 and are 1-5 against them over the last four years.
Virginia Tech is in 12th place in the ACC and would love to gain ground on Wake Forest, who sits in 10th place.
In their last game on Mar. 6, Devin Thomas put up 13 points and 11 rebounds for the Demon Deacons in a loss to NC State, 81-66. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 7.7 rebounds per game and 1.4 blocks per game. For the Hokies, Erick Green finished with 25 points in the 85-57 loss to Duke on Mar. 5. He puts up a team-leading 25.0 points per game, 3.9 assists per game, and 1.3 steals per game.
Virginia Tech StatSmack
- Wake Forest has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Virginia Tech (No. 28 vs. No. 71).
- The Wake Forest blocks leader (Devin Thomas, 41 blocks) has more blocks than the Virginia Tech blocks leader (Cadarian Raines, 33 blocks).
- Wake Forest has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Virginia Tech according to Kiplinger (84.6 percent vs. 53 percent).
- The Wake Forest rebounding leader (Devin Thomas, 222 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Virginia Tech rebounding leader (Cadarian Raines, 190 rebounds).
- Wake Forest has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Virginia Tech (No. 23 vs. No. 55).
- Diaper Dandies love Wake Forest. Wake Forest has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Virginia Tech (8 vs. 1).
- Wake Forest has an average margin of victory of 9 over Virginia Tech in six wins since 1983.
- AP voters think more highly of Wake Forest and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Virginia Tech (79 vs. 10).
- Travis McKie is ranked 10th in the ACC in rebounds and 6th in the ACC in steals.
- Wake Forest has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (61.8 percent to 53.9 percent).
- Wake Forest is ranked higher than Virginia Tech in the ACC (No. 10 vs. No. 12).
|D+||J. van Zegeren||15||4||3||0||0||1||1|
|C-||A. Adala Moto||16||5||4||0||1||0||1|
|D+||A. Roundtree III||11||2||2||1||1||1||1|