Seattle vs. Idaho: Full Game Preview
|Seattle||C Trent 10.1||D Sunderhaus 6.3||P Obasi 4.5|
|Idaho||K Barone 16.7||K Barone 9.8||M McChristian 2.6|
On Saturday, Idaho welcomes Seattle at Cowan Spectrum. Tipoff is at 10:05 p.m. EST. The Vandals defeated the Redhawks 71-64 on Dec. 29 and are 6-1 against them over the past four years.
Idaho is in sixth place in the conference, Seattle is in 10th place.
The Vandals got past Texas State 90-81 on Mar. 2 with the help of 26 points and 14 rebounds from Kyle Barone. With 16.7 points per game, 9.8 rebounds per game, and 1.3 blocks per game, he leads the team in all three categories. For the Redhawks, Chad Rasmussen finished with 13 points in the 75-74 loss to Cal State Bakersfield on Mar. 6. He contributes 2.9 rebounds per game in addition to his 9.4 points per game.
- Idaho is ranked higher than Seattle in the WAC (No. 6 vs. No. 10).
- The Idaho scoring leader (Kyle Barone, 468 points) has more points than the Seattle scoring leader (Clarence Trent, 284 points).
- Idaho is a better shooting team (46.8 percent vs. 41.9 percent) than Seattle this season.
- Idaho has more wins over the last 5 years than Seattle (88 vs. 54).
- Even computers respect Idaho more. Idaho has a better RPI this season than Seattle (RPI: No. 194 vs. No. 290).
- Idaho is a better three-point shooting team (37.1 percent vs. 32.3 percent) than Seattle this season.
- Idaho has an average margin of victory of 12 over Seattle in nine wins since 1985.
- Idaho has a better conference record than Seattle this season (6-11 vs. 3-14).
- Idaho players are more experienced than Seattle players (11,060 minutes played vs. 10,518 minutes played).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Idaho currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (960 to 945) than Seattle, per the NCAA.
|D||R. Harris Jr.||18||5||2||2||0||0||2|