|Iowa State||W Clyburn 14.8||M Ejim 9.5||K Lucious 5.6|
|West Virginia||E Harris 9.8||A Murray 5.9||J Staten 3.4|
On Saturday, Iowa State travels to WVU Coliseum to take on West Virginia. It gets started at 1:30 p.m. EST and you can catch it on Big 12 Network. The Cyclones defeated the Mountaineers 69-67 on Jan. 16.
West Virginia is in seventh place in the conference and just behind fifth-place Iowa State with a chance to catch up.
In their last outing, behind 20 points and five rebounds from Will Clyburn, the Cyclones defeated Oklahoma State 87-76 on Mar. 6. He leads the team in scoring average, scoring 14.8 points per contest. For the Mountaineers, Deniz Kilicli put up 20 points in the 83-70 loss to Oklahoma on Mar. 6. He is averaging 9.1 points and 4.4 rebounds per game.
Iowa State has a statistical advantage over West Virginia in one significant category, scoring, where the Cyclones have an edge over the Mountaineers, 80 points per game to 65.8 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, West Virginia is strong in the following categories: free throw rate at 41.9 and offensive rebounding percentage at 38.0.
West Virginia StatSmack
- The Iowa State scoring leader (Will Clyburn, 444 points) has more points than the West Virginia scoring leader (Eron Harris, 285 points).
- Tyrus McGee is ranked 9th in the Big 12 in points, 19th nationally in three-pointers, and 9th in the Big 12 in steals.
- Over the past 10 years, Iowa State has had more players drafted by the NBA than West Virginia (five vs. three).
- Will Clyburn is ranked 6th in the Big 12 in points and 5th in the Big 12 in rebounds.
- The Iowa State three-point leader (Tyrus McGee, 86 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the West Virginia three-point leader (Eron Harris, 42 three-pointers).
- Be afraid. Iowa State has blown out more teams than West Virginia this season (nine blowouts vs. three).
- Iowa State has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than West Virginia this season (three vs. zero).
- Iowa State is better at defending the three (31.1 percent allowed vs. 36.5 percent allowed) than West Virginia this season.
- The Iowa State steals leader (Tyrus McGee, 37 steals) has more steals than the West Virginia steals leader (Juwan Staten, 36 steals).
- It's only wins and losses, but Iowa State has a better overall record than West Virginia this season (20-10 vs. 13-17).
- Boom! Iowa State defeated West Virginia by 2 points the last time they played (Jan 16, 2013).