Pittsburgh vs. DePaul: Full Game Preview
|Pittsburgh||T Woodall 11.5||S Adams 6.2||T Woodall 5.3|
|DePaul||B Young 16.6||C Melvin 7.1||B Young 4.6|
DePaul hosts No. 20 Pittsburgh at Allstate Arena on Saturday. It takes place at 2 p.m. EST and you can catch it on WTAE, Big East Net or MASN. The Blue Demons lost to the Panthers 93-55 on Jan. 26 and are 1-5 against them over the last four years.
DePaul is currently in 15th place in the Big East and Pittsburgh is in fourth place. DePaul has lost five straight.
In their last game on Mar. 6, Cleveland Melvin put up 15 points and eight rebounds for the Blue Demons in a loss to Syracuse, 78-57. He tallies 16.5 points per game in addition to a team-best 7.1 rebounds per game. In a 73-64 victory over Villanova on Mar. 3, Talib Zanna put up 14 points and 19 rebounds for the Panthers. He is averaging 9.9 points and 6.1 rebounds per game. One category in which Pittsburgh is especially proficient is offensive rebounding percentage at 40.4, ranking first in their conference (and fifth nationally).
- Brandon Young is ranked 5th in the Big East in points, 7th in the Big East in assists, and 8th in the Big East in steals.
- The DePaul steals leader (Brandon Young, 47 steals) has more steals than the Pittsburgh steals leader (Tray Woodall, 40 steals).
- The DePaul rebounding leader (Cleveland Melvin, 213 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Pittsburgh rebounding leader (Talib Zanna, 184 rebounds).
- Rosemont isn't as congested as Pittsburgh (population is significantly lower).
- Since 1998, DePaul has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Pittsburgh (nine vs. six).
- Donnavan Kirk is ranked 6th in the Big East in blocks.
- The DePaul scoring leader (Brandon Young, 498 points) has more points than the Pittsburgh scoring leader (Tray Woodall, 346 points).
- Cleveland Melvin is ranked 6th in the Big East in points and 6th in the Big East in rebounds.
- Diaper Dandies love DePaul. DePaul has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Pittsburgh (8 vs. 7).
|D||D. Robertson Jr.||13||2||3||0||0||1||1|