Illinois vs. Ohio State: Full Game Preview
|Illinois||B Paul 16.2||N Egwu 4.6||T Abrams 3.4|
|Ohio State||D Thomas 19.8||D Thomas 6.2||A Craft 4.4|
On Sunday, No. 14 Ohio State plays host to Illinois at Value City Arena. Tipoff is at 12:30 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN. The Buckeyes lost to the Fighting Illini 74-55 on Jan. 5 and are 6-4 against them over the last four years.
Ohio State is second in the conference and Illinois is sixth. Both teams continue to jockey for position. Ohio State will be looking to extend its four-game win streak.
The Buckeyes got past Indiana 67-58 on Mar. 5 with the help of 18 points and eight rebounds from Deshaun Thomas. With 19.8 points per game and 6.2 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. For the Fighting Illini, Brandon Paul finished with 18 points and nine rebounds in the 63-55 loss to Iowa on Mar. 5. His 16.2 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
- Ohio State has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Illinois (two vs. one).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Ohio State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (962 to 952) than Illinois, per the NCAA.
- Ohio State is ranked higher than Illinois in the Big Ten (No. 2 vs. No. 6).
- The Ohio State rebounding leader (Deshaun Thomas, 179 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Illinois rebounding leader (Nnanna Egwu, 142 rebounds).
- Ohio State has a better record at home than Illinois this season (15-2 vs. 12-4).
- Deshaun Thomas is ranked 21st nationally in points and 8th in the Big Ten in three-pointers.
- Shannon Scott is ranked 6th in the Big Ten in assists and 3rd in the Big Ten in steals.
- Amir Williams is ranked 4th in the Big Ten in blocks.
- The Ohio State scoring leader (Deshaun Thomas, 573 points) has more points than the Illinois scoring leader (Brandon Paul, 501 points).
- Ohio State has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Illinois ($20,040 vs. $24,554).
- Since 1998, Ohio State has recruited more Top 10 high school players than Illinois (three vs. zero).
|B||L. Smith Jr.||28||10||5||2||0||0||1|
|C||A. Della Valle||7||3||2||0||0||0||0|