Texas A&M vs. Arkansas: Full Game Preview
|Texas A&M||E Turner 17.7||K Roberson 6.7||A Caruso 3.4|
|Arkansas||B Young 15.6||M Powell 5.3||B Young 3.5|
Arkansas plays host to Texas A&M at Bud Walton Arena on Saturday. It gets started at 2 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Razorbacks lost to the Aggies 69-51 on Jan. 9 and are 0-2 against them over the last four years.
Texas A&M is in 10th place in the conference and Arkansas is in seventh place.
In spite of 27 points from B.J. Young, the Razorbacks came up short 93-63 against Missouri on Mar. 5. He leads the team with 15.6 points per game and 3.5 assists per game. For the Aggies, Ray Turner finished with 16 points and 13 rebounds in the 68-57 loss to LSU on Mar. 6. He is averaging 9.7 points and 6.4 rebounds per game.
Arkansas appears to have a key statistical advantage over Texas A&M in one area, scoring, where the Razorbacks have an edge over the Aggies, 73.8 points per game to 64 points per game.
Texas A&M StatSmack
- Marshawn Powell is ranked 6th in the SEC in points and 8th in the SEC in blocks.
- Arkansas is ranked higher than Texas A&M in the SEC (No. 7 vs. No. 10).
- Since 1998, Arkansas has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Texas A&M (seven vs. three).
- Arkansas players are more experienced than Texas A&M players (13,150 minutes played vs. 11,385 minutes played).
- Mardracus Wade is ranked 6th in the SEC in steals.
- Arkansas has a better record at home than Texas A&M this season (16-1 vs. 12-5).
- Arkansas has a better record in close games than Texas A&M this season (6-2 vs. 4-5).
- The Arkansas blocks leader (Hunter Mickelson, 38 blocks) has more blocks than the Texas A&M blocks leader (Kourtney Roberson, 21 blocks).
- The Arkansas assist leader (B.J. Young, 102 assists) has more assists than the Texas A&M assist leader (Alex Caruso, 101 assists).
- B.J. Young is ranked 4th in the SEC in points and 6th in the SEC in assists.
- Arkansas has an average margin of victory of 13 over Texas A&M in 22 wins since 1980.