|Long Island||J Olasewere 19.2||J Olasewere 8.3||J Brickman 8.5|
|Wagner||J Williams 15.3||J Williams 6.5||K Ortiz 5.2|
Long Island meets Wagner in the semifinals of the NEC Tournament at Spiro Sports Center on Saturday. Tipoff occurs at 12 p.m. EST and you can catch it on FCS, ESPN3.com or MSG2. The Blackbirds lost to the Seahawks 94-92 on Feb. 24 and are 7-3 against them over the last four years.
The Blackbirds got past Quinnipiac 91-83 on Mar. 6 with the help of 30 points from C.J. Garner. While contributing 4.2 rebounds per game, he also scores 15.3 points per game. In a 72-50 blowout of Central Connecticut State on Mar. 6, Jonathon Williams put up 20 points and six rebounds for the Seahawks. With 15.3 points per game and 6.5 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- E.J. Reed is ranked 6th in the NEC in blocks.
- Long Island has a potent offense, scoring more points (78.6 per game vs. 68.5 per game) than Wagner this season.
- Jamal Olasewere is ranked 26th nationally in points, 4th in the NEC in rebounds, and 8th in the NEC in steals.
- Long Island has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (62.9 percent to 51.3 percent).
- The Long Island assist leader (Jason Brickman, 262 assists) has more assists than the Wagner assist leader (Kenneth Ortiz, 157 assists).
- The Long Island three-point leader (Brandon Thompson, 55 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Wagner three-point leader (Latif Rivers, 40 three-pointers).
- Long Island is a better three-point shooting team (37.8 percent vs. 32.7 percent) than Wagner this season.
- Jason Brickman is ranked 1st nationally in assists.
- C.J. Garner is ranked 7th in the NEC in points and 8th in the NEC in steals.
- Long Island has an average margin of victory of 12 over Wagner in 35 wins since 1980.
- The Long Island rebounding leader (Jamal Olasewere, 242 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Wagner rebounding leader (Jonathon Williams, 170 rebounds).