|South Florida||V Rudd 12.0||V Rudd 7.1||A Collins 6.4|
|Cincinnati||S Kilpatrick 17.5||T Rubles 5.9||C Wright 3.2|
Cincinnati hosts South Florida at Fifth Third Arena on Saturday. It gets started at 4 p.m. EST and you can catch it on FSN-OH, Big East or MASN. The Bearcats are 3-3 against the Bulls over the last four years. They lost 46-45 the last time they played (Feb. 26, 2012).
South Florida is in 13th place in the conference and Cincinnati is in 10th place.
The Bearcats were defeated by Louisville 67-51 on Mar. 4 despite 15 points from Cashmere Wright. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 3.2 assists per game and 1.6 steals per game. In a 65-51 victory over Connecticut on Mar. 6, Victor Rudd put up 17 points and 11 rebounds for the Bulls. With 12.0 points per game and 7.1 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Cincinnati has a statistical advantage in two significant areas. The Bearcats have the upper hand over the Bulls in rebounding, 40.4 per game to 32.4 per game. Additionally, Cincinnati has the advantage over South Florida in scoring, 67.8 points per game to 59.6 points per game.
South Florida StatSmack
- Cincinnati does a better job contesting shots (38.7 percent allowed vs. 42.6 percent allowed) than South Florida this season.
- The Cincinnati steals leader (Cashmere Wright, 47 steals) has more steals than the South Florida steals leader (Anthony Collins, 37 steals).
- Cincinnati has a better record at home than South Florida this season (12-5 vs. 9-8).
- Over the past 10 years, Cincinnati has had more players drafted by the NBA than South Florida (three vs. two).
- Be afraid. Cincinnati has blown out more teams than South Florida this season (five blowouts vs. zero).
- The Cincinnati scoring leader (Sean Kilpatrick, 524 points) has more points than the South Florida scoring leader (Victor Rudd, 319 points).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Cincinnati currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (956 to 948) than South Florida, per the NCAA.
- Cashmere Wright is ranked 5th in the Big East in three-pointers and 7th in the Big East in steals.
- It's only wins and losses, but Cincinnati has a better overall record than South Florida this season (20-10 vs. 11-17).
- Cincinnati has a potent offense, scoring more points (67.8 per game vs. 59.4 per game) than South Florida this season.
- Cincinnati has more wins against the RPI Top 50 than South Florida this season (four vs. one).
|D+||J. Davis III||11||6||3||1||0||0||1|