|Texas A&M||E Turner 17.7||K Roberson 6.7||A Caruso 3.4|
|Arkansas||B Young 15.6||M Powell 5.3||B Young 3.5|
Texas A&M heads to Bud Walton Arena on Saturday to take on Arkansas. Tipoff occurs at 2 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Aggies beat the Razorbacks 69-51 on Jan. 9 and are 2-0 against them over the last four years.
Texas A&M maintains 10th place in the SEC while Arkansas is in seventh place.
In spite of 16 points and 13 rebounds from Ray Turner, the Aggies came up short 68-57 against LSU on Mar. 6. He tallies 9.7 points per game and also adds 6.4 rebounds per game. For the Razorbacks, B.J. Young finished with 27 points in the 93-63 loss to Missouri on Mar. 5. With 15.6 points per game and 3.5 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Comparing team stats, Arkansas looks to have the edge in one significant category, scoring, where the Razorbacks have the upper hand over the Aggies, 73.8 points per game to 64 points per game. Arkansas ranks second in their conference in turnover percentage at 16.3, which also places them 12th in the country.
- AP voters think more highly of Texas A&M and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Arkansas (78 vs. 14).
- Alex Caruso is ranked 7th in the SEC in assists and 50th nationally in steals.
- The Texas A&M basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Arkansas (64 percent vs. 22 percent).
- Boom! Texas A&M humiliated Arkansas by 18 points the last time they played (Jan 09, 2013).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Texas A&M currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (933 to 894) than Arkansas, per the NCAA.
- Elston Turner is ranked 43rd nationally in points and 3rd in the SEC in three-pointers.
- The Texas A&M scoring leader (Elston Turner, 532 points) has more points than the Arkansas scoring leader (B.J. Young, 452 points).
- The Texas A&M steals leader (Alex Caruso, 58 steals) has more steals than the Arkansas steals leader (Mardracus Wade, 51 steals).
- Texas A&M has more wins over the last 5 years than Arkansas (128 vs. 105).
- Texas A&M has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Arkansas according to Kiplinger (45 percent vs. 32 percent).