Southern Methodist 71
(15-15, 7-9 away)
(15-14, 10-5 home)
Venue: Reynolds Center
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, March 06, 2013
||N Russell 19
||S Williams 7
||U Ofoegbu 4
||J Woodard 17
||K Black 7
||P Swilling Jr. 5
Southern Methodist got a road victory against Tulsa 71-65 in C-USA action on Wednesday, Mar. 6. The Mustangs even the season series against Tulsa at 1-1 with the win. The Mustangs were led by Cannen Cunningham, who put up 17 points and five rebounds. Shawn Williams had 13 points and added seven rebounds. For the Golden Hurricane, James Woodard got a team-high 17 points and five rebounds. Next up for Southern Methodist (15-15, 5-10 C-USA) is Texas-El Paso (16-13, 9-6 C-USA) on Saturday, Mar. 9 on their home court.
Southern Methodist Game Notes
- SMU beat the spread by 10 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Mustangs have beaten the spread.
- The Mustangs have won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) after recording 37 or more rebounds.
- SMU has won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) after holding an opponent to under 37.9 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Southern Methodist has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Nick Russell has 19 points or more and 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Ryan Manuel has six rebounds or more.
- SMU set season lows for three-pointers (zero) and three-point percentage (0.0).
- The Mustangs have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past seven games.
- Southern Methodist has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Nick Russell and Cannen Cunningham) accounted for 50.7 percent of the points.
- Nick Russell has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 30 games this season.
- Shawn Williams has led the team in rebounding in five out of 30 games this season.
- Nick Russell has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Shawn Williams has three straight double-digit point games.
- Cannen Cunningham has three straight double-digit point games.
- Cannen Cunningham had a career high with eight field goals made.
Tulsa Game Notes
- The top two scorers (James Woodard and Scottie Haralson) accounted for 46.1 percent of the points.
- James Woodard has led the team in scoring 10 times in 29 games this season.
- Kauri Black has led the team in rebounding six times in 29 games this season.
- James Woodard has three straight double-digit point games.
- Patrick Swilling Jr. set a career high with five assists.
- Kauri Black set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
|B-||P. Swilling Jr.||25||9||1||5||1||0||1|