(15-16, 7-8 away)
Long Island 91
(18-13, 12-4 home)
Venue: Athletic, Recreation & Wellness Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||O Drame 23
||J Jackson 9
||D Johnson 4
||C Garner 30
||K Onyechi 6
||J Brickman 7
On Wednesday, Mar. 6, Quinnipiac took on Long Island and was defeated by the Blackbirds 91-83 in the quarterfinals of the NEC Tournament. The loss drops the Bobcats to 1-2 against Long Island this season. The Bobcats got a good effort from Ousmane Drame, who put up a career-high 23 points and nine rebounds. Jamee Jackson had 10 points and added nine rebounds. C.J. Garner finished with a game-high 30 points and two rebounds for the Blackbirds. Quinnipiac (15-16) finished the regular season fifth in the NEC with an 11-7 record in conference play.
Quinnipiac Game Notes
- The last time Quinnipiac started the season 15-16 was 2008.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Quinnipiac has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition records 91 or more total points this season, Quinnipiac has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- Quinnipiac set a season low for blocks (zero).
- The Bobcats have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 31 games.
- This is the fifth loss of the season where the Bobcats opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Ousmane Drame recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 14.
- The top two scorers (Ousmane Drame and Evan Conti) accounted for 44.5 percent of the points.
- Ousmane Drame has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 31 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Ousmane Drame's career.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Ousmane Drame.
- Ousmane Drame had career highs with 23 points and eight field goals made.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Zaid Hearst.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Dave Johnson.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Ike Azotam.
Long Island Game Notes
- C.J. Garner accounted for 32.9 percent of the team's points.
- C.J. Garner has led the team in scoring five times in 31 games this season.
- Jamal Olasewere has led the team in rebounding 23 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of C.J. Garner's career.
- C.J. Garner has nine straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Garner set career highs with 30 points and 10 field goals made.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Jamal Olasewere's career.
- Jamal Olasewere has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Jamal Olasewere.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for E.J. Reed.
|C-||James Ford Jr||6||3||1||0||0||0||1|