(15-16, 7-8 away)
Long Island 91
(18-13, 12-4 home)
Venue: Athletic, Recreation & Wellness Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||O Drame 23
||J Jackson 9
||D Johnson 4
||C Garner 30
||K Onyechi 6
||J Brickman 7
On Wednesday, Mar. 6, Long Island got a victory over Quinnipiac 91-83 in the quarterfinals of the NEC Tournament. The Blackbirds improve to 2-1 against Quinnipiac this season with the win. The Blackbirds got the win with a game-high 30 points and two rebounds from C.J. Garner. Jamal Olasewere had 20 points and added six rebounds. For the Bobcats, Ousmane Drame finished with a career-high 23 points and nine rebounds. Quinnipiac (15-16) finished the regular season fifth in the NEC with an 11-7 conference record.
Long Island Game Notes
- The win over Quinnipiac extended the Long Island winning streak to three games.
- LIU beat the spread by four points.
- Long Island has won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- The Blackbirds have won 80 percent of the time this season (12-3) after recording eight or more three-pointers.
- LIU has won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) after holding an opponent to under 41.2 percent field goal percentage.
- LIU has won 77 percent of the time this season (10-3) when opponents record six or fewer three-pointers.
- This season Long Island has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when C.J. Garner has seven free throws made or more.
- LIU set a season low for turnovers (seven).
- This is the seventh win of the season where the Blackbirds came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--LIU has a 9.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- C.J. Garner accounted for 32.9 percent of the team's points.
- C.J. Garner has led the team in scoring in five out of 31 games this season.
- Jamal Olasewere has led the team in rebounding in 23 out of 31 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of C.J. Garner's career.
- C.J. Garner has nine straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Garner had career highs with 30 points and 10 field goals made.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Jamal Olasewere's career.
- Jamal Olasewere has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Jamal Olasewere.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for E.J. Reed.
Quinnipiac Game Notes
- Ousmane Drame recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 14.
- The top two scorers (Ousmane Drame and Evan Conti) accounted for 44.5 percent of the points.
- Ousmane Drame has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 31 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Ousmane Drame's career.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Ousmane Drame.
- Ousmane Drame set career highs with 23 points and eight field goals made.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Zaid Hearst.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Dave Johnson.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Ike Azotam.
|C-||James Ford Jr||6||3||1||0||0||0||1|