On Wednesday, Mar. 6, San Diego State took on Air Force and topped the Falcons 58-51 in MWC play. With the win, the Aztecs even the season series against Air Force at 1-1. Jamaal Franklin earned a double-double in the win with a game-high 12 points and 14 rebounds (4 Ast 3 Blk). Xavier Thames got 11 points and added four rebounds. Michael Lyons finished with a team-high 10 points and three rebounds for the Falcons. The next game will be on Saturday, Mar. 9 when San Diego State (21-8, 9-6 MWC) goes to Boise State (20-9, 8-7 MWC).
San Diego State Game Notes
- San Diego State started 21-8 during the 2009, 2008, and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- The Aztecs have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 45 or more rebounds.
- SDSU has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 51 or fewer total points.
- SDSU has won every game this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 33.3 percent field goal percentage.
- This season San Diego State has won 81 percent of the time (17-4) when Jamaal Franklin has 12 points or more and 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Chase Tapley has four assists or more.
- The Aztecs have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--SDSU has a 16.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (J.J. O`Brien and Jamaal Franklin) accounted for 41.3 percent of the points.
- Jamaal Franklin accounted for 31.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jamaal Franklin has led the team in rebounding in 20 out of 29 games this season.
- Jamaal Franklin recorded the 23rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jamaal Franklin has six straight double-digit point games.
- Jamaal Franklin recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 23rd of his career.
Air Force Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (DeLovell Earls and Todd Fletcher) accounted for 40.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Michael Lyons has led the team in scoring 16 times in 28 games this season.
- DeLovell Earls has led the team in rebounding three times in 28 games this season.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Michael Lyons.