Air Force faced off with San Diego State on Wednesday, Mar. 6 and took a home loss to the Aztecs 58-51 in conference play. With the loss, the Falcons even the season series against San Diego State at 1-1. Michael Lyons put up a team-high 10 points and three rebounds in the loss. Todd Fletcher scored six points and added six rebounds. Jamaal Franklin registered a double-double for the Aztecs with a game-high 12 points and 14 rebounds (4 Ast 3 Blk). Air Force (15-12, 7-8 MWC) welcomes 12th-ranked New Mexico (26-4, 13-2 MWC) on Saturday, Mar. 9.
Air Force Game Notes
- AF beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Falcons have beaten the spread.
- Air Force has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 51 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 45 or more rebounds this season, Air Force has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- The Falcons have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past four games.
- The top two rebounders (DeLovell Earls and Todd Fletcher) accounted for 40.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Michael Lyons has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 28 games this season.
- DeLovell Earls has led the team in rebounding in three out of 28 games this season.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Michael Lyons.
San Diego State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (J.J. O`Brien and Jamaal Franklin) accounted for 41.3 percent of the points.
- Jamaal Franklin accounted for 31.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jamaal Franklin has led the team in rebounding 20 times in 29 games this season.
- Jamaal Franklin recorded the 23rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jamaal Franklin has six straight double-digit point games.
- Jamaal Franklin recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 23rd of his career.