On Wednesday, Mar. 6, No. 12 New Mexico got a win on the road against Nevada 75-62 in conference play. With the win, the Lobos stay undefeated against Nevada this season at 2-0. The Lobos were led by Tony Snell, who put up a game-high 25 points and four rebounds. Alex Kirk played his way to a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds. Malik Story finished with a team-high 25 points for the Wolf Pack, making 6 of 11 from three-point range. New Mexico (26-4, 13-2 MWC) goes to Air Force (15-11, 7-7 MWC) on Saturday, Mar. 9.
New Mexico Game Notes
- The win over Nevada extended the New Mexico winning streak to six games.
- Lobos beat the spread by five points. That makes the 15th time this season the Lobos have beaten the spread.
- The Lobos have won every game this season (9-0) after recording 75 or more total points.
- New Mexico has won every game this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- Lobos has won every game this season (8-0) when opponents record 28 or fewer rebounds.
- Lobos has won 86 percent of the time this season (19-3) after holding an opponent to under 41.2 percent field goal percentage.
- This season New Mexico has won 86 percent of the time (18-3) when Kendall Williams has 10 points or more, 100 percent of the time (11-0) when Tony Snell plays 33 minutes or more, and 89 percent of the time (17-2) when Alex Kirk has four field goals made or more.
- Lobos set a season low for turnovers (six).
- The Lobos have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
- Tony Snell accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- Cameron Bairstow accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Tony Snell has led the team in scoring in five out of 30 games this season.
- Cameron Bairstow has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 30 games this season.
- Alex Kirk recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Alex Kirk has four straight double-digit point games.
- Alex Kirk recorded a double-double. It was his seventh this season and eighth of his career.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Tony Snell's career.
- Tony Snell had a career high with eight field goals made.
- Cameron Bairstow recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Cameron Bairstow has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Cameron Bairstow.
- Cameron Bairstow recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Cameron Bairstow had a career high with seven field goals made.
Nevada Game Notes
- This loss extended the Wolf Pack losing streak to six games.
- Malik Story accounted for 40.3 percent of the team's points.
- Malik Story has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding four times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Malik Story's career.