Colorado State 78
(23-7, 7-6 away)
(18-12, 12-5 home)
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||C Iverson 29
||P Hornung 10
||J Octeus 3
||L Nance Jr 16
||L Nance Jr 5
||D Gilmore 4
In a game where they were outrebounded by the Rams 35-11, Wyoming was blown out by Colorado State 78-56 in conference play. The game was pretty much decided at halftime, with Colorado State up 47-32. With the loss, the Cowboys stay winless against Colorado State this season at 0-2. Larry Nance Jr put up a team-high 16 points and five rebounds for the Cowboys. Derrious Gilmore had 12 points. For the Rams, Colton Iverson finished with a career-high 29 points and eight rebounds. The Cowboys are on a five-game losing streak.
Wyoming Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:00 left to go.
- The last time Wyoming started the season 18-12 was 2008.
- Wyoming has lost 89 percent of the time this season (1-8) after recording seven or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition commits eight or fewer turnovers this season, Wyoming has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 13 or more assists this season, Wyoming has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- Wyoming set season lows for blocks (zero) and rebounds (11).
- The Cowboys have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- Wyoming has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 17th game at home this season--Wyoming has a 6.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Larry Nance Jr and Derrious Gilmore) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- Larry Nance Jr accounted for 45.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Larry Nance Jr has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding 9 times in 30 games this season.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Leonard Washington.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Riley Grabau.
Colorado State Game Notes
- Colton Iverson recorded a team season high in points with 29 and field goals made with 12.
- Colton Iverson accounted for 37.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Pierce Hornung and Colton Iverson) accounted for 51.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Colton Iverson has led the team in scoring eight times in 30 games this season.
- Pierce Hornung has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 30 games this season.
- Dorian Green has four straight double-digit point games.
- Pierce Hornung recorded the 28th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Colton Iverson's career.
- Colton Iverson has six straight double-digit point games.
- Colton Iverson set career highs with 29 points, 12 field goals made, and a 100 percent field goal percentage.
|C+||Joe De Ciman||12||3||1||1||1||0||1|
|B+||Larry Nance Jr||35||16||5||2||1||0||2|
|C||Derek Cooke Jr||13||4||0||0||0||0||0|