Loyola Marymount 65
(9-22, 4-13 away)
(11-21, 8-9 home)
Venue: Orleans Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||A Hamilton 21
||A Hamilton 8
||A Ireland 4
||K Bailey 21
||R Nicholas 9
||D Rodgers 4
On Wednesday, Mar. 6, Loyola Marymount knocked off Portland 65-54 in the first round of the West Coast Tournament. The Lions now have a record of 1-2 against Portland this season. Ashley Hamilton had an impressive game for the Lions and put up a game-high 21 points and eight rebounds. Alex Osborne also put in a solid contribution, scoring eight points and adding six rebounds. Ryan Nicholas finished with 18 points and nine rebounds for the Pilots. Portland (11-21) finished the regular season seventh in the West Coast with a 4-12 conference record.
Loyola Marymount Game Notes
- LMU beat the spread by 10 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Lions have beaten the spread.
- The Lions have won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after recording 14 or more assists.
- The Lions set a season high for steals (14).
- The last time LMU recorded at least 14 steals was Mar 21, 2012 against Utah State.
- Ashley Hamilton accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ashley Hamilton and Alex Osborne) accounted for 46.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Ashley Hamilton has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding 11 times in 31 games this season.
- Anthony Ireland has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Ashley Hamilton's career.
- Ashley Hamilton had a career high with eight field goals made.
Portland Game Notes
- This loss extended the Pilots losing streak to three games.
- Kevin Bailey accounted for 38.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ryan Nicholas and Kevin Bailey) accounted for 45.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Kevin Bailey has led the team in scoring 11 times in 32 games this season.
- Ryan Nicholas has led the team in rebounding 23 times in 32 games this season.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Kevin Bailey's career.
|B-||T. van der Mars||28||8||4||0||2||0||0|