(16) Saint Louis 66
(23-6, 6-4 away)
(17-12, 11-5 home)
Venue: Cintas Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||K Mitchell 17
||D Evans 9
||D Evans 2
||S Christon 20
||T Taylor 19
||S Christon 7
Xavier pulled off an upset over No. 16 Saint Louis 77-66 in overtime on Wednesday, Mar. 6. The Musketeers go to 2-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. The Musketeers got a double-double out of Travis Taylor with 19 points and 19 rebounds. Semaj Christon also had an outstanding outing, scoring a game-high 20 points and adding seven rebounds. Dwayne Evans got 16 points and nine rebounds for the Billikens. Xavier (16-12, 8-6 A-10) heads to Butler (22-7, 9-5 A-10) on Saturday, Mar. 9.
Xavier Game Notes
- The last time XU started the season 17-12 was 2004.
- XU beat the spread by 15 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Musketeers have beaten the spread.
- Xavier has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Musketeers have played in 14 overtime games with a record of 9-5.
- The Musketeers have won eight close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Xavier is 40-27 in close games.
- Prior to this game, XU played 20 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 9-11.
- Xavier has won every game this season (5-0) when its three-point percentage has been 45.5 percent or better.
- The Musketeers have won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after recording 14 or more assists.
- XU has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after holding an opponent to under 23.3 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Xavier has won 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Brad Redford has 11 points or more, 71 percent of the time (10-4) when Semaj Christon has six field goals made or more, and 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Dee Davis has four free throws made or more.
- The Musketeers set season highs for blocks (10) and rebounds (46).
- The last time XU recorded at least 10 blocks was Nov 27, 2010 against Wofford.
- The Musketeers have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the sixth win of the season where the Musketeers came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--XU has a 7.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Travis Taylor recorded a team season high in rebounds with 19, defensive rebounds with 15, and blocks with six.
- The top two scorers (Semaj Christon and Travis Taylor) accounted for 50.6 percent of the points.
- Travis Taylor accounted for 41.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Semaj Christon has led the team in scoring in 17 out of 29 games this season.
- Travis Taylor has led the team in rebounding in 22 out of 29 games this season.
- Travis Taylor recorded the 22nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Travis Taylor has three straight double-digit point games.
- Travis Taylor recorded a double-double. It was his 10th this season and 18th of his career.
- Travis Taylor had career highs with 19 rebounds, 15 defensive rebounds, and six blocks.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Semaj Christon's career.
- Semaj Christon has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Dee Davis.
- Brad Redford has four straight double-digit point games.
Saint Louis Game Notes
- The Billikens have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Saint Louis is 28-25 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Kwamain Mitchell and Dwayne Evans) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- Dwayne Evans has led the team in rebounding 20 times in 29 games this season.
- Dwayne Evans has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Dwayne Evans.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Mike McCall Jr.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Kwamain Mitchell.
- Jordair Jett set a career high with seven rebounds.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Rob Loe.
|B||Mike McCall Jr||33||14||2||0||2||0||0|