Miami (OH) vs. Ohio: Full Game Preview
|Miami (OH)||A Roberts 12.7||W Felder 5.3||Q Rollins 3.9|
|Ohio||D Cooper 14.1||I Baltic 4.9||D Cooper 7.3|
On Saturday, Ohio hosts Miami (OH) at Convocation Center (OH). The game gets underway at 4 p.m. EST and you can see it on SportsTime Ohio. The Bobcats beat the RedHawks 74-62 on Jan. 23 and are 7-3 against them over the last four years.
Ohio is currently in second place in the MAC and Miami (OH) is in 11th.
In a 72-69 win over Buffalo on Mar. 5, D.J Cooper put up 24 points and five assists for the Bobcats. An integral part of the team, he leads the way in points (14.1), assists (7.3), and steals (2.1). For the RedHawks, Jon Harris finished with 21 points and six rebounds in the 72-58 loss to Akron on Mar. 5. He contributes 4.0 rebounds per game in addition to his 8.0 points per game.
Ohio has a statistical advantage over Miami (OH) in two key categories. The Bobcats have the upper hand over the RedHawks in assists, 18.3 per game to 12.1 per game. Additionally, Ohio has the advantage over Miami (OH) in scoring, 74.3 points per game to 63.9 points per game.
Miami (OH) StatSmack
- The Ohio three-point leader (D.J Cooper, 66 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Miami three-point leader (Allen Roberts, 45 three-pointers).
- Ohio has a better record in close games than Miami this season (5-2 vs. 2-6).
- Ohio has a better record on the road than Miami this season (7-6 vs. 3-12).
- Ohio is a better shooting team (47.7 percent vs. 43.3 percent) than Miami this season.
- The Ohio scoring leader (D.J Cooper, 423 points) has more points than the Miami scoring leader (Allen Roberts, 343 points).
- Ohio is ranked higher than Miami in the MAC (No. 2 vs. No. 11).
- Ohio has a better record at home than Miami this season (15-2 vs. 5-8).
- Over the past 10 years, Ohio has had more players drafted by the NBA than Miami (one vs. zero).
- Jon Smith is ranked 6th in the MAC in blocks.
- The Ohio blocks leader (Jon Smith, 44 blocks) has more blocks than the Miami blocks leader (Will Felder, 28 blocks).
- Ohio is better under pressure, and has defeated Miami in nine out of the last 15 games decided by five points or fewer.