(23) UCLA 61
(22-8, 7-4 away)
Washington State 73
(12-18, 11-7 home)
Venue: Beasley Coliseum
9:30PM ET / 6:30PM PT, March 06, 2013
||J Adams 18
||K Anderson 8
||L Drew II 6
||B Motum 20
||B Motum 11
||D Shelton 4
On Wednesday, Mar. 6, Washington State outrebounded No. 23 UCLA 46-23 and stunned the Bruins 73-61 in Pac 12 action. The Cougars now have a record of 1-6 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Brock Motum got a game-high 20 points and 11 rebounds for the Cougars, earning a double-double. Royce Woolridge also had an excellent game, scoring 19 points and adding four rebounds. Jordan Adams finished with a team-high 18 points and two rebounds for the Bruins. Washington State (12-17, 3-14 Pac 12) gets USC (14-15, 9-7 Pac 12) on their home court on Saturday, Mar. 9.
Washington State Game Notes
- WSU beat the spread by 15 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Cougars have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, WSU played 30 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 8-22.
- The Cougars have won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after recording 73 or more total points.
- Washington State has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when its field goal percentage has been 49.1 percent or better.
- WSU has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) after holding an opponent to under 38.6 percent field goal percentage.
- WSU has won 75 percent of the time this season (9-3) when opponents record 61 or fewer total points.
- WSU set a season low for three-pointers (three).
- Washington State has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--WSU has a 6.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Brock Motum and Royce Woolridge) accounted for 53.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Brock Motum and Dexter Kernich-Drew) accounted for 47.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Brock Motum has led the team in scoring 20 times and in rebounding 15 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 22nd 20-point game of Brock Motum's career.
- Brock Motum has 30 straight double-digit point games.
- Brock Motum recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and seventh of his career.
- Brock Motum had career highs with 11 rebounds and six offensive rebounds.
- Dexter Kernich-Drew recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Dexter Kernich-Drew recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Dexter Kernich-Drew had career highs with 11 rebounds and nine defensive rebounds.
UCLA Game Notes
- Shabazz Muhammad recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 11.
- The top two scorers (Jordan Adams and Shabazz Muhammad) accounted for 52.4 percent of the points.
- Kyle Anderson accounted for 34.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jordan Adams has led the team in scoring 12 times in 30 games this season.
- Kyle Anderson has led the team in rebounding 19 times in 30 games this season.
- Shabazz Muhammad has 14 straight double-digit point games.
|B-||Larry Drew II||34||6||1||6||1||0||2|