South Florida came out on top against Connecticut 65-51 in Big East action on Wednesday, Mar. 6. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. The Bulls got a double-double out of Victor Rudd with 17 points and 11 rebounds. Martino Brock had a team-high 18 points and added six rebounds. DeAndre Daniels recorded a double-double for the Huskies with a game-high 23 points and 10 rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, Mar. 9 when South Florida (12-17, 3-14 Big East) heads to Cincinnati (20-9, 8-8 Big East).
South Florida Game Notes
- South Florida started 12-17 during the 2007 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- USF beat the spread by 17.5 points. That makes the 10th time this season the Bulls have beaten the spread.
- The Bulls have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 27 or more field goals made.
- This season South Florida has won 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Martino Brock has six rebounds or more.
- The Bulls set a season high for blocks (seven).
- USF set a season low for turnovers (five).
- South Florida has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
- The top two scorers (Martino Brock and Victor Rudd) accounted for 53.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Victor Rudd and Toarlyn Fitzpatrick) accounted for 44.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Victor Rudd has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 29 games this season.
- Victor Rudd recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Victor Rudd has four straight double-digit point games.
- Victor Rudd recorded a double-double. It was his seventh this season and ninth of his career.
- Martino Brock had a career high with eight field goals made.
- This game was the ninth double-digit assist game of Anthony Collins's career.
- Anthony Collins had a career high with 12 assists.
Connecticut Game Notes
- This loss extended the Huskies losing streak to three games.
- DeAndre Daniels accounted for 45.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (DeAndre Daniels and Phillip Nolan) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- DeAndre Daniels has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding 13 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of DeAndre Daniels's career.
- DeAndre Daniels has three straight double-digit point games.
- DeAndre Daniels recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- DeAndre Daniels set career highs with nine field goals made, 10 rebounds, and eight defensive rebounds.
- Ryan Boatright has four straight double-digit point games.