(17-13, 3-10 away)
(21) VCU 93
(24-6, 16-3 home)
Venue: Stuart Siegel Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||C Lindsay 22
||T Allen 10
||C Lindsay 4
||T Graham 21
||J Reddic 9
||D Theus 3
On Wednesday, Mar. 6, No. 21 Virginia Commonwealth turned the ball over just six times and beat Richmond 93-82 in A-10 action. With the win, the Rams tie the season series against Richmond at 1-1. Treveon Graham had a big game for the Rams and put up a team-high 21 points and four rebounds. Juvonte Reddic had 16 points and added nine rebounds. For the Spiders, Cedrick Lindsay finished with a game-high 22 points and four assists. This makes three wins in a row for the Rams. The next game will be on Sunday, Mar. 10 when Virginia Commonwealth (23-6, 11-3 A-10) goes to Temple (22-8, 10-5 A-10).
Virginia Commonwealth Game Notes
- Virginia Commonwealth started 24-6 during the 2011, 2007, and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Richmond extended the Virginia Commonwealth winning streak to three games.
- The Rams have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 93 or more total points.
- Virginia Commonwealth has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) when its three-point percentage has been 45.5 percent or better.
- VCU has won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) when opponents record 33 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Virginia Commonwealth has won 100 percent of the time (11-0) when Rob Brandenberg has 12 points or more and 74 percent of the time (17-6) when Juvonte Reddic has four field goals made or more.
- The Rams set a season high for free throws made (28).
- The last time VCU recorded at least 28 free throws made was Feb 25, 2012 against George Mason.
- This is the 17th game at home this season--VCU has a 17.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Juvonte Reddic accounted for 34.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Treveon Graham has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 30 games this season.
- Juvonte Reddic has led the team in rebounding in 23 out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Treveon Graham's career.
- Treveon Graham has four straight double-digit point games.
- Juvonte Reddic has five straight double-digit point games.
Richmond Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Cedrick Lindsay and Terry Allen) accounted for 42.6 percent of the points.
- Terry Allen accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Cedrick Lindsay has led the team in scoring six times in 30 games this season.
- Terry Allen has led the team in rebounding five times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Cedrick Lindsay's career.
- Cedrick Lindsay has three straight double-digit point games.
- Cedrick Lindsay set career highs with 22 points and nine field goals made.
- Terry Allen recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Terry Allen recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Darien Brothers set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.