(18-11, 5-7 away)
(9-21, 8-12 home)
Venue: Auburn Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||J McRae 21
||J Stokes 12
||T Golden 6
||F Sullivan 24
||R Chubb 7
||J Wallace 4
On a night when they turned the ball over only eight times, Tennessee got a road win against Auburn 82-75 in conference play. The Volunteers were led by Trae Golden, who put up a team-high 21 points and six assists. Jordan McRae picked up his fifth straight game with 21 points or more, scoring 21 points (7 Reb 3 Ast) in 38 minutes. For the Tigers, Frankie Sullivan finished with a game-high 24 points and three rebounds. Next up for Tennessee (19-11, 10-7 SEC) is Missouri (22-8, 11-6 SEC) on Saturday, Mar. 9 at home.
Tennessee Game Notes
- Tennessee beat the spread by two points. That makes the 16th time this season the Volunteers have beaten the spread.
- The Volunteers have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 82 or more total points.
- Tennessee has won 82 percent of the time this season (9-2) when its three-point percentage has been 35.0 percent or better.
- Tennessee has won 82 percent of the time this season (9-2) when opponents record five or fewer steals.
- This season Tennessee has won 76 percent of the time (13-4) when Jarnell Stokes has 11 points or more, 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Trae Golden has six field goals made or more, and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Jordan McRae has seven rebounds or more.
- The Volunteers set a season high for steals (seven).
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Volunteers came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Trae Golden and Jordan McRae) accounted for 51.2 percent of the points.
- Jarnell Stokes accounted for 36.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Trae Golden has led the team in scoring in seven out of 29 games this season.
- Jarnell Stokes has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 29 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Jordan McRae's career.
- Jordan McRae has five straight 20+ point games.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Trae Golden's career.
- Jarnell Stokes recorded the 19th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jarnell Stokes has grabbed double-digit rebounds in four straight games.
- Jarnell Stokes recorded a double-double. It was his 13th this season and 15th of his career.
- Kenny Hall had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Auburn Game Notes
- This loss extended the Tigers losing streak to eight games.
- Frankie Sullivan accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's points.
- Frankie Sullivan has led the team in scoring 14 times in 30 games this season.
- Rob Chubb has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 30 games this season.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Josh Wallace.
- This marks the 20th 20-point game of Frankie Sullivan's career.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Frankie Sullivan.
|C||Brian Greene Jr||8||2||2||1||0||0||0|