West Virginia 70
(13-17, 4-12 away)
(20-9, 15-2 home)
Venue: Lloyd Noble Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||E Harris 23
||A Murray 4
||J Staten 4
||R Osby 26
||S Pledger 8
||S Grooms 10
Oklahoma came out on top against West Virginia 83-70 in Big 12 action on Wednesday, Mar. 6. With a record of 3-0, the Sooners stay unbeaten against West Virginia this season. The Sooners were led by Steven Pledger, who put up a season-high 23 points, with 15 coming from three-point range. For the Mountaineers, Deniz Kilicli finished with 20 points and four rebounds. Next up for Oklahoma (20-9, 11-6 Big 12) is TCU (10-20, 1-16 Big 12) on Saturday, Mar. 9 on the road.
Oklahoma Game Notes
- Oklahoma started 20-9 during the 2005, 1998, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- OU beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 18th time this season the Sooners have beaten the spread.
- The Sooners have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 21 or more free throws made.
- Oklahoma has won 77 percent of the time this season (10-3) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- OU has won every game this season (10-0) when opponents record five or fewer steals.
- This season Oklahoma has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Steven Pledger has seven field goals made or more and 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Romero Osby has seven free throws made or more.
- The Sooners set a season high for three-pointers (10).
- The last time OU recorded at least 10 three-pointers was Dec 02, 2011 against Sacramento State.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--OU has a 13.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Sam Grooms recorded a team season high in assists with 10.
- Romero Osby accounted for 31.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Steven Pledger and Romero Osby) accounted for 42.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Romero Osby has led the team in scoring in 17 out of 29 games this season.
- Steven Pledger has led the team in rebounding in four out of 29 games this season.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Romero Osby's career.
- Romero Osby has three straight 20+ point games.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Steven Pledger's career.
- Steven Pledger has six straight double-digit point games.
- This game was the fourth double-digit assist game of Sam Grooms's career.
- Sam Grooms had career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and 10 assists.
West Virginia Game Notes
- This loss extended the Mountaineers losing streak to five games.
- Eron Harris accounted for 32.8 percent of the team's points.
- Eron Harris has led the team in scoring eight times in 30 games this season.
- Deniz Kilicli has led the team in rebounding seven times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Deniz Kilicli's career.
- Deniz Kilicli set a career high with nine field goals made.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Eron Harris's career.
- Eron Harris has three straight double-digit point games.