West Virginia 70
(13-17, 4-12 away)
(20-9, 15-2 home)
Venue: Lloyd Noble Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||E Harris 23
||A Murray 4
||J Staten 4
||R Osby 26
||S Pledger 8
||S Grooms 10
West Virginia lost on their home court to Oklahoma 83-70 in conference play on Wednesday, Mar. 6. The Mountaineers are now 0-3 against Oklahoma this season. The Mountaineers got 20 points and four rebounds from Deniz Kilicli. For the Sooners, Steven Pledger finished with a season-high 23 points, including 5-of-10 shooting from three-point range. The Mountaineers are on a five-game losing streak. West Virginia (13-17, 6-11 Big 12) hosts Iowa State (19-9, 9-6 Big 12) on Saturday, Mar. 9.
West Virginia Game Notes
- West Virginia has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording one or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition records 83 or more total points this season, West Virginia has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, West Virginia has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 55.6 percent or better this season, West Virginia has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- WVU set a season low for free throws made (six).
- The Mountaineers have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past four games.
- West Virginia has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past seven games.
- Eron Harris accounted for 32.8 percent of the team's points.
- Eron Harris has led the team in scoring in eight out of 30 games this season.
- Deniz Kilicli has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Deniz Kilicli's career.
- Deniz Kilicli had a career high with nine field goals made.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Eron Harris's career.
- Eron Harris has three straight double-digit point games.
Oklahoma Game Notes
- Sam Grooms recorded a team season high in assists with 10.
- Romero Osby accounted for 31.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Steven Pledger and Romero Osby) accounted for 42.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Romero Osby has led the team in scoring 17 times in 29 games this season.
- Steven Pledger has led the team in rebounding four times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Romero Osby's career.
- Romero Osby has three straight 20+ point games.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Steven Pledger's career.
- Steven Pledger has six straight double-digit point games.
- This game was the fourth double-digit assist game of Sam Grooms's career.
- Sam Grooms set career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and 10 assists.