On Wednesday, Mar. 6, NC State took on Wake Forest and blew out the Demon Deacons 81-66 in conference play. This one was all NC State from the opening tip, as they jumped out to a 39-24 halftime lead and then cruised to victory in the second half. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. C.J. Leslie secured a double-double in the win with a game-high 19 points and 10 rebounds (4 Ast 4 Blk). T.J. Warren also had an excellent game, scoring 15 points and adding six rebounds. Devin Thomas got a double-double for the Demon Deacons with a team-high 13 points and 11 rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Wolfpack. NC State (22-8, 11-6 ACC) gets Florida State (15-14, 7-9 ACC) on the road on Saturday, Mar. 9.
NC State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:58 left to go.
- The win over Wake Forest extended the NC State winning streak to three games.
- NCSU beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Wolfpack have beaten the spread.
- The Wolfpack have won every game this season (9-0) after recording seven or more three-pointers.
- NC State has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after committing 14 or fewer turnovers.
- NCSU has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) when opponents record nine or fewer assists.
- NCSU has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after holding an opponent to under 22.2 percent three-point percentage.
- This season NC State has won 83 percent of the time (15-3) when Lorenzo Brown has 11 points or more, 81 percent of the time (13-3) when C.J. Leslie plays 34 minutes or more, and 75 percent of the time (9-3) when T.J. Warren has seven field goals made or more.
- The Wolfpack have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past six games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--NCSU has a 13.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (C.J. Leslie and T.J. Warren) accounted for 41.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (C.J. Leslie and Lorenzo Brown) accounted for 41.0 percent of the rebounds.
- C.J. Leslie has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 6 times in 30 games this season.
- T.J. Warren has six straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Leslie recorded the 23rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- C.J. Leslie has three straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Leslie recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 21st of his career.
Wake Forest Game Notes
- This loss extended the Demon Deacons losing streak to three games.
- Madison Jones recorded a team season high in assists with six.
- Devin Thomas accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Devin Thomas has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding 15 times in 29 games this season.
- Devin Thomas recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Devin Thomas recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.