Wake Forest faced off with NC State on Wednesday, Mar. 6 and was easily defeated by the Wolfpack 81-66 in conference play. Wake Forest fell way behind at halftime, 39-24, and was never able to get back in it. With the loss, the Demon Deacons even the season series against NC State at 1-1. Devin Thomas got a team-high 13 points and 11 rebounds for the Demon Deacons, earning a double-double. Madison Jones got 10 points. C.J. Leslie registered a double-double for the Wolfpack on a game-high 19 points and 10 rebounds (4 Ast 4 Blk). This makes three losses in a row for the Demon Deacons. The next game will be on Sunday, Mar. 10 when Wake Forest (12-17, 5-12 ACC) hosts Virginia Tech (13-17, 4-13 ACC).
Wake Forest Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:58 left to go.
- Wake Forest has lost 90 percent of the time this season (1-9) after recording 30 or fewer rebounds.
- The Demon Deacons have lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after having a three-point percentage of 22.2 percent or worse.
- Wake Forest has lost 79 percent of the time this season (3-11) after committing 15 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.4 percent or better this season, Wake Forest has lost 90 percent of the time (1-9).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 38.9 percent or better this season, Wake Forest has lost 89 percent of the time (1-8).
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, Wake Forest has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- WFU set a season low for free throws made (six).
- Madison Jones recorded a team season high in assists with six.
- Devin Thomas accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Devin Thomas has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding 15 times in 29 games this season.
- Devin Thomas recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Devin Thomas recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.
NC State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (C.J. Leslie and T.J. Warren) accounted for 41.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (C.J. Leslie and Lorenzo Brown) accounted for 41.0 percent of the rebounds.
- C.J. Leslie has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding six times in 30 games this season.
- T.J. Warren has six straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Leslie recorded the 23rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- C.J. Leslie has three straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Leslie recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 21st of his career.