Eastern Illinois 68
(11-21, 4-12 away)
Southeast MO State 78
(17-15, 10-5 home)
Venue: Municipal Auditorium
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
|Southeast MO State
||J Piper 19
||A Austin 8
||A Akers 5
|Southeast MO State
||T Stone 24
||T Stone 7
||L Nutt 12
Eastern Illinois lost to Southeast Missouri State 78-68 in the first round of the Ohio Valley Tournament on Wednesday, Mar. 6. With the loss, the Panthers drop to 1-2 against Southeast Missouri State this season. The Panthers were paced by Alex Austin, who got 17 points and eight rebounds. Josh Piper also had a decent showing, scoring a team-high 19 points and adding three rebounds. For the Redhawks, Tyler Stone finished with a game-high 24 points and seven rebounds. Eastern Illinois (11-21) finished the regular season eighth in the Ohio Valley with a 6-10 record in conference play.
Eastern Illinois Game Notes
- Eastern Illinois has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-9) after recording 25 or fewer rebounds.
- Eastern Illinois has lost 78 percent of the time this season (2-7) after committing 10 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 30 or more field goals made this season, Eastern Illinois has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 54.5 percent or better this season, Eastern Illinois has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 40.0 percent or better this season, Eastern Illinois has lost 93 percent of the time (1-13).
- The top two scorers (Josh Piper and Alex Austin) accounted for 52.9 percent of the points.
- Alex Austin accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Josh Piper has led the team in scoring in six out of 32 games this season.
- Alex Austin has led the team in rebounding in three out of 32 games this season.
Southeast Missouri State Game Notes
- Lucas Nutt recorded a team season high in assists with 12.
- Tyler Stone accounted for 30.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Corey Wilford and Tyler Stone) accounted for 45.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Tyler Stone has led the team in scoring nine times in 32 games this season.
- Corey Wilford has five straight double-digit point games.
- Corey Wilford set a career high with seven rebounds.
- This game was the seventh double-digit assist game of Lucas Nutt's career.
- Lucas Nutt set a career high with 12 assists.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Tyler Stone's career.
- Tyler Stone has five straight double-digit point games.