Eastern Illinois 68
(11-21, 4-12 away)
Southeast MO State 78
(17-15, 10-5 home)
Venue: Municipal Auditorium
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
|Southeast MO State
||J Piper 19
||A Austin 8
||A Akers 5
|Southeast MO State
||T Stone 24
||T Stone 7
||L Nutt 12
On Wednesday, Mar. 6, Southeast Missouri State got a victory over Eastern Illinois 78-68 in the first round of the Ohio Valley Tournament. The Redhawks improve to 2-1 against Eastern Illinois this season with the win. Tyler Stone played well for the Redhawks and put up a game-high 24 points and seven rebounds. Lucas Nutt had six points and added 12 assists. For the Panthers, Alex Austin got 17 points and eight rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Redhawks. Eastern Illinois (11-21) finished the regular season eighth in the Ohio Valley with a 6-10 conference record.
Southeast Missouri State Game Notes
- The win over Eastern Illinois extended the Southeast Missouri State winning streak to three games.
- SE beat the spread by six points. That makes the 11th time this season the Redhawks have beaten the spread.
- The Redhawks have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 30 or more field goals made.
- Southeast Missouri State has won every game this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 54.5 percent or better.
- Southeast Missouri State has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after committing eight or fewer turnovers.
- This season Southeast Missouri State has won 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Lucas Nutt has four free throws made or more.
- The Redhawks have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- Lucas Nutt recorded a team season high in assists with 12.
- Tyler Stone accounted for 30.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Corey Wilford and Tyler Stone) accounted for 45.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Tyler Stone has led the team in scoring in nine out of 32 games this season.
- Corey Wilford has five straight double-digit point games.
- Corey Wilford had a career high with seven rebounds.
- This game was the seventh double-digit assist game of Lucas Nutt's career.
- Lucas Nutt had a career high with 12 assists.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Tyler Stone's career.
- Tyler Stone has five straight double-digit point games.
Eastern Illinois Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Josh Piper and Alex Austin) accounted for 52.9 percent of the points.
- Alex Austin accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Josh Piper has led the team in scoring six times in 32 games this season.
- Alex Austin has led the team in rebounding three times in 32 games this season.