UAB vs. Memphis: Full Game Preview
|UAB||R Rucker 14.7||R Rucker 8.3||T Jones 3.8|
|Memphis||J Jackson 13.7||D Stephens 6.6||J Jackson 4.8|
UAB travels to FedEx Forum on Saturday to take on No. 25 Memphis. Tipoff is at 12 a.m. EST and you can catch it on CBSSN. The Blazers fell to the Tigers 69-53 on Jan. 12 and are 0-9 against them over the last four years.
UAB is currently in sixth place in the conference and Memphis is in first.
In their last game on Mar. 6, Rod Rucker put up 16 points and 13 rebounds for the Blazers in a loss to UCF, 74-70. The do-it-all performer chips in a team-leading 14.7 points per game, 8.3 rebounds per game, and 1.2 steals per game. For the Tigers, Adonis Thomas put up 11 points and nine rebounds in the 56-54 win over Texas-El Paso on Mar. 5. He contributes 4.5 rebounds per game in addition to his 11.7 points per game. A key area of strength for Memphis is effective field goal percentage at 52.7, which ranks second in their conference (and 40th nationally).
- Terence Jones is ranked 8th in Conference USA in assists.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? UAB currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (927 to 1000) than Memphis, per the NCAA.
- Rod Rucker is ranked 5th in Conference USA in rebounds.
- The UAB three-point leader (Jordan Swing, 52 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Memphis three-point leader (Chris Crawford, 46 three-pointers).
- UAB has an average margin of victory of 12 over Memphis in 10 wins since 1983.
- The UAB scoring leader (Rod Rucker, 425 points) has more points than the Memphis scoring leader (Joe Jackson, 410 points).
- The UAB rebounding leader (Rod Rucker, 240 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Memphis rebounding leader (D.J. Stephens, 199 rebounds).