(22-8, 8-5 away)
(6-24, 5-8 home)
Venue: Rose Hill Gym
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||K Wyatt 19
||K Wyatt 11
||K Wyatt 4
||J Short 15
||R Canty 8
||B Frazier 5
On Wednesday, Mar. 6, Temple blew out Fordham 74-55 in conference play. Khalif Wyatt earned a double-double in the Owls win including a game-high 19 points and 11 rebounds. Scootie Randall had 14 points and added seven rebounds. For the Rams, Branden Frazier got 12 points and six rebounds. Temple (22-8, 10-5 A-10) gets 21st-ranked Virginia Commonwealth (22-6, 10-3 A-10) at home on Sunday, Mar. 10.
Temple Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:23 left to go.
- The win over Fordham extended the Temple winning streak to six games.
- Temple beat the spread by eight points. That makes the 13th time this season the Owls have beaten the spread.
- Temple has won 88 percent of the time this season (15-2) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- The Owls have won 87 percent of the time this season (13-2) after recording 74 or more total points.
- Temple has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 55 or fewer total points.
- Temple has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 34.4 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Temple has won 87 percent of the time (13-2) when Jake O`Brien has 10 points or more, 74 percent of the time (20-7) when Khalif Wyatt plays 30 minutes or more, and 80 percent of the time (12-3) when Anthony Lee has five field goals made or more.
- The Owls set a season high for rebounds (44).
- Temple set season lows for blocks (zero), three-pointers (two), and three-point percentage (14.3).
- The Owls have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Khalif Wyatt and Scootie Randall) accounted for 44.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Khalif Wyatt and Anthony Lee) accounted for 47.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Khalif Wyatt has led the team in scoring in 19 out of 30 games this season.
- Scootie Randall has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Khalif Wyatt recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Khalif Wyatt has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Khalif Wyatt recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Khalif Wyatt had career highs with 11 rebounds and eight defensive rebounds.
- Anthony Lee recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Anthony Lee recorded a double-double. It was the fifth of his career.
- Jake O`Brien has six straight double-digit point games.
Fordham Game Notes
- This loss extended the Rams losing streak to 10 games.
- The top two scorers (Jeffrey Short and Chris Gaston) accounted for 49.0 percent of the points.
- Jeffrey Short has led the team in scoring three times in 30 games this season.
- Ryan Canty has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 30 games this season.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Chris Gaston.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Ryan Canty.