(19-10, 5-6 away)
(8-21, 6-9 home)
Venue: A.J. Palumbo Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||C Braswell 28
||T Williams 12
||T Williams 5
||D Colter 21
||J Jones 7
||D Colter 11
On Wednesday, Mar. 6, Charlotte held on to beat Duquesne 89-87 in overtime. Chris Braswell played well for the 49ers and got a season-high 28 points and five rebounds. Pierra Henry played his way to a double-double with 18 points and 10 rebounds (5 Ast 3 Stl). Derrick Colter recorded a double-double for the Dukes on a team-high 21 points and 11 assists. Charlotte (19-9, 7-7 A-10) gets St. Joseph's (PA) (17-11, 8-7 A-10) on their home court on Saturday, Mar. 9.
Charlotte Game Notes
- Charlotte started 19-10 during the 2009, 2000, 1998, and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- Charlotte has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the 49ers have played in 16 overtime games with a record of 6-10.
- The 49ers have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Charlotte is 29-31 in close games.
- The 49ers have won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after recording 41 or more rebounds.
- Charlotte has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when its three-point percentage has been 40.0 percent or better.
- Charlotte has won 76 percent of the time this season (19-6) when opponents record 27 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Charlotte has won 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Denzel Ingram has 11 points or more and 71 percent of the time (12-5) when Pierra Henry has three steals or more.
- The 49ers set season highs for field goals made (33), three-pointers (eight), and total points (89).
- The last time Charlotte recorded at least 89 total points was Nov 13, 2010 against South Carolina State.
- Charlotte has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the third win of the season where the 49ers came back after being down at halftime.
- Chris Braswell recorded a team season high in points with 28 and field goals made with 10.
- Chris Braswell accounted for 31.4 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Terrence Williams and Pierra Henry) accounted for 53.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Chris Braswell has led the team in scoring in nine out of 29 games this season.
- Terrence Williams recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Terrence Williams has three straight double-digit point games.
- Terrence Williams recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Terrence Williams had career highs with 12 rebounds, eight defensive rebounds, and five assists.
- Pierra Henry recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Pierra Henry.
- Pierra Henry recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Pierra Henry had career highs with eight field goals made and 10 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Chris Braswell's career.
- Chris Braswell has three straight double-digit point games.
Duquesne Game Notes
- The Dukes have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Duquesne is 19-34 in close games.
- This loss extended the Dukes losing streak to five games.
- Sean Johnson recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11 and free throws attempted with 16.
- Derrick Colter tallied a team season high in assists with 11.
- The top two scorers (Derrick Colter and Sean Johnson) accounted for 47.1 percent of the points.
- Derrick Colter has led the team in scoring 12 times in 29 games this season.
- Jeremiah Jones has led the team in rebounding three times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Derrick Colter's career.
- Derrick Colter has six straight double-digit point games.
- Derrick Colter recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Sean Johnson's career.
- Sean Johnson set a career high with 11 free throws made.
- Quevyn Winters has three straight double-digit point games.