(19-10, 5-6 away)
(8-21, 6-9 home)
Venue: A.J. Palumbo Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 06, 2013
||C Braswell 28
||T Williams 12
||T Williams 5
||D Colter 21
||J Jones 7
||D Colter 11
On Wednesday, Mar. 6, Duquesne dropped a close one to Charlotte 89-87 in overtime. Derrick Colter picked up a double-double in the loss including a team-high 21 points and 11 assists. Kadeem Pantophlet also contributed, scoring 12 points and adding three rebounds. For the 49ers, Chris Braswell finished with a season-high 28 points and five rebounds. The Dukes are on a five-game losing streak. The next game will be on Saturday, Mar. 9 when Duquesne (8-21, 1-14 A-10) goes to Richmond (16-12, 6-7 A-10).
Duquesne Game Notes
- The last time Duquesne started the season 8-21 was 2004.
- Duquesne beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Dukes have beaten the spread.
- Duquesne has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Dukes have played in 14 overtime games with a record of 3-11.
- The Dukes have been unlucky three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Duquesne is 19-34 in close games.
- Duquesne has lost 93 percent of the time this season (1-13) after recording 34 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 89 or more total points this season, Duquesne has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 33 or more field goals made this season, Duquesne has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.8 percent or better this season, Duquesne has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- The Dukes set season highs for assists (20), free throws made (21), three-pointers (12), and three-point percentage (57.1).
- The last time Duquesne had a three-point percentage of 57.1 percent or higher was Jan 04, 2012 against St. Joseph's (PA).
- The Dukes have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past five games.
- Duquesne has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the second loss of the season where the Dukes opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Duquesne has a -1.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Sean Johnson recorded a team season high in free throws made with 11 and free throws attempted with 16.
- Derrick Colter tallied a team season high in assists with 11.
- The top two scorers (Derrick Colter and Sean Johnson) accounted for 47.1 percent of the points.
- Derrick Colter has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 29 games this season.
- Jeremiah Jones has led the team in rebounding in three out of 29 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Derrick Colter's career.
- Derrick Colter has six straight double-digit point games.
- Derrick Colter recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Sean Johnson's career.
- Sean Johnson had a career high with 11 free throws made.
- Quevyn Winters has three straight double-digit point games.
Charlotte Game Notes
- The 49ers won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Charlotte is 29-31 in close games.
- Chris Braswell recorded a team season high in points with 28 and field goals made with 10.
- Chris Braswell accounted for 31.4 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Terrence Williams and Pierra Henry) accounted for 53.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Chris Braswell has led the team in scoring nine times in 29 games this season.
- Terrence Williams recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Terrence Williams has three straight double-digit point games.
- Terrence Williams recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Terrence Williams set career highs with 12 rebounds, eight defensive rebounds, and five assists.
- Pierra Henry recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Pierra Henry.
- Pierra Henry recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Pierra Henry set career highs with eight field goals made and 10 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Chris Braswell's career.
- Chris Braswell has three straight double-digit point games.